Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6-seater vs 7-seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone here have a six seater with the 2nd row console yet? I'd love to see some pics. The config tool doesn't give you the best view.

In particular, a few pics from the third row would be useful.

Does anyone here have a six seater with the 2nd row console yet? I'd love to see some pics. The config tool doesn't give you the best view.

In particular, a few pics from the third row would be useful.

I haven't seen one yet. I ordered mid-April and have delivery scheduled for June 5 - I think any of us who ordered this new config will see first deliveries in the next 10 days or so.

If I'm first, I'll be posting lots of pics.

DÆrik

I know you saw one at a new Service Center.

If you have any more footage, can you upload private upload soon? My order confirms today and I want to see how much leg room that gap leaves for rear occupants.

@andrewket

Saw this yesterday. First I've seen of rear center console. 3:36

GREAT find on this video, dragonxt! Thank you!

I'm now even more sure I made the right call with the 6 Seat center console. Can't wait!

DÆrik

If you have any more footage, can you upload private upload soon? My order confirms today and I want to see how much leg room that gap leaves for rear occupants.

@andrewket

Beat me to posting that.... I didn't know the back console actually had room IN it and that was a good demo by Erik and David, like a normal one (unlike the front one). Too bad it's a permanent addition and can't be moved/removed, etc. I'm leaning towards a 6-seater now (because of the 5-seater HVAC issues), and the console addition could be useful. But another option that can't ever be moved? Dunno.

The color demo at that new showroom was interesting, also; I don't think I'd seen a closeup of the Midnight Silver Metallic, which looks a lot better 'in person' than on the Tesla Design page.

Reactions: dragonxt
DÆrik

@andrewket

Thanks for posting. I like it. It also appears Tesla removed the two cup holders that came out below the USB ports. There is a plastic filler panel there now, presumably only if you order the 6+console.

Last edited:
Not sure about the removal of the rear cup holders, don't all of them have a plastic cover?
Beat me to posting that.... I didn't know the back console actually had room IN it and that was a good demo by Erik and David, like a normal one (unlike the front one). Too bad it's a permanent addition and can't be moved/removed, etc. I'm leaning towards a 6-seater now (because of the 5-seater HVAC issues), and the console addition could be useful. But another option that can't ever be moved? Dunno.

The color demo at that new showroom was interesting, also; I don't think I'd seen a closeup of the Midnight Silver Metallic, which looks a lot better 'in person' than on the Tesla Design page.

I had an overnight drive in a Midnight Silver + Tan Interior. Color looks amazing in person. But paired with the Tan interior it looked horrendous. I couldn't stop thinking about that while in it.

Ended up ordering a white on white, still my favorite combination.

We were originally going to get the 5 seat X until our sales center lent us a 6 seater for a weekend. My 2 kids fought all the time when they were sitting next to each other in the S. With the 6 seater one sits in the middle row, and the second sits in the back.

They love it. They don't fight as much... it actually takes them more effort to fight now than when they sat next to each other. My wife absolutely Loves the peace that the physical separation of the seats provides to the kids. Youngest is still in a booster seat.

Thanks for posting. I like it. It also appears Tesla removed the two cup holders that came out below the USB ports. There is a plastic filler panel there now, presumably only if you order the 6+console.

Are you sure? The cup holders look exactly like that plastic filler when closed? It has a slightly darker dolor just like on the video (color matching is not exactly Tesla's strong suit)...

Reactions: dragonxt
Are you sure? The cup holders look exactly like that plastic filler when closed? It has a slightly darker dolor just like on the video (color matching is not exactly Tesla's strong suit)...
Because the back console has cup holders and there's no need for two more flimsy ones? If it's only for the case of 'with the back console....'.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Because the back console has cup holders and there's no need for two more flimsy ones? If it's only for the case of 'with the back console....'.

While I get the logic, I don't see Tesla making a second front console or console parts just for this. Audi might, not Tesla. Also the plastic cover in the video looks just like the closed pop-out cup holders do...

Also, the additional cup holders might still be useful at times. After all, Model S/X nowadays has four in the front as well, when counting the center console partitions.

Not saying it isn't possible, just that I didn't get what the source is for this info etc.?

Reactions: Seattle Tom
While I get the logic, I don't see Tesla making a second front console or console parts just for this. Audi might, not Tesla. Also the plastic cover in the video looks just like the closed pop-out cup holders do...

Also, the additional cup holders might still be useful at times. After all, Model S/X nowadays has four in the front as well, when counting the center console partitions.

Not saying it isn't possible, just that I didn't get what the source is for this info etc.?
I do hear you.. Maybe we need to see if Erik and David can take another trip back to where they recorded the console! At about 4:00 in their video above it shows the back of the forward console, and I don't see the normal cupholders or even what is covering them. Are they above or below the USB power ports in a non-rear-console car? And yep, having the extra two could definitely come in handy sometimes.

• Helpful

The source was me and only my observation from the video. I could be completely wrong. We need someone to report back after getting their hands on one.

Thankd @andrewket and @boaterva. I lool forward to someone clarifying that as well. :)

At least normally they are below the USB ports. Just press the darker plastic cover and it all slides out.
Gotcha.... I thought when I looked at them in the demo X I had, they were a little more obviously there available for use when 'stored'. If not, then we do have a little exploring to do! The cover could be 'normal' or fastened shut.

• Helpful
We just got our MX 6 seater with console, Here are pix of my 6 foot son sitting in 3rd row with seat all the way back and also fwd.

Attachments

• 20180825_143733.jpg
    20180825_143733.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 20180825_143648.jpg
    20180825_143648.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 274
  • 20180825_143713.jpg
    20180825_143713.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 20180825_143648.jpg
    20180825_143648.jpg