TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

#6 Signature Roadster for sale

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by PokerBroker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

2. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport #1438

#2 DeedWest, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    My only note is that the poster claims the color is Racing Green, but I'm 95% sure judging by the photos that it is Signature Green.

Looks absolutely beautiful! If I had the means, I'd love to have this. Ever since seeing @stevejust 's #87 just like it in person, I'm smitten.

3. slcasner

slcasner Member

Yes, that's Signature Green, and its 2008, not 2006. There were only Engineering Prototype cars in 2006.

I have the laser-etched glass desk ornament, too. Not to mention the color selection box with the 13 colored super-eggs.

4. tvuolo

tvuolo Member

6000 miles! They barely know the car. Stunningly gorgeous, though.

5. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

What's that? I've seen pictures of the color selection box, always makes me smile.

6. GreenT

GreenT Member

A close up on one screen says Marsha Williams ... Robin Williams ex-wife?
    Did I miss the price?

7. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

What are the Signature's? Tesla employees who built the car, or the signature owners? I presume the former.

Price: $105000

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

The 'Signatures' (on the plaque) were of early Tesla employees. The typed name in the center is the original purchaser. Those plaques were only for the Founders' and Signature Roadsters. Basically the first ~125 Roadsters.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems a bit high/optimistic to me.

9. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

Thanks, TEG. That's pretty special.

I've spent a little time reading the old threads on this sub forum, and you are ever the fount of knowledge.

10. slcasner

slcasner Member

The laser-etched glass ornament is a solid glass rectangular cuboid with a 3-D ghost image of a Roadster floating in the middle of it. The laser makes little bubbles in the glass to create the image. Some internal components such as the motor and suspension members are visible through the body. As you turn the ornament in your hands you can see different views of and through the car. Here is a picture of the ornament and the box in which it came:

glass-roadster.jpg

The same legend that is printed on the top of the box is also floating in the glass below the Roadster. July 19, 2006 was the date of the unveiling of the Roadster at Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport where the black EP1 and radiant red EP2 were displayed and short demo rides were given. Several celebs were there. Elon's McLaren was parked by the entry door.

Now that I think about it, the reason that VIN #6 was listed as a 2006 model rather than the correct 2008 was probably because of the date on this glass ornament.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

12. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

13. stevejust

stevejust Pati ≡nc ≡

@TEG: do you happen to know how many Roadsters were produced in Signature Green? Obviously this one. And #55 that Curt relatively recently purchased from Will Arnett. And #87. I'm just curious how many others there are.

14. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

Hi Steve, this is a topic I've tried to track as well. So far I've counted 14 in ads/posts as I add this one to the tally, although there's probably more:

Signature Series #'s 6, 18, 40, 43, 52, 55, 66, 74, 76, 78, 87, 95
    Founders Series #'s 19, 25

Very much interested in TEG's take as well.:smile:

(For those on the fence, the Sig Green aspect really comes out in the fender closeup near the bottom of the listing).

15. stevejust

stevejust Pati ≡nc ≡

Thanks so much for this info. I'd forgotten about yours.

16. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Also, to be complete, there is a 'Signature 250' European Roadster series that had their own plaques too.
    http://www.securitydriven.co.uk/admin/data/img/uploads/Tesla%2015.jpg

Regarding the number of Signature Greens.... I think it was the most popular color for the Signature cars, but still very exclusive since they "retired" the color after they got to VIN 100.
    Along with those in the Signature 100, there were a few extra VP cars and Founders' series in that color as well.

I will post back later to add any other VINs I know about in that color to the list already posted here.

17. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#17 TEG, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    VP # 1
    Founders' Series #'s 9, 10, ?14?, 17, 19, 21, ?23?, 25, 26
    Signature Series #'s 6, 18, 40, ?42?, 43, 46, 50, ?51?, 52, 55, 57, 66, 74, 77, 78, 87, 95

Ones with ?? not totally sure...
    ( The Signature Green is so dark that in some shaded/evening pictures it is hard to tell if the car might be black instead...)

18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Great photos of that car... Too bad they stuck the sticker all over the place...

And the price is definitely too rich.

78 is definitely a Sig Green, that's what we were originally going to buy from Tesla CPO 2 years ago, but it had issues with the motor right before pick up, so we were offered #40 instead. Would love to get a pic with the "other" two greens beside the Sig Green.

And yes, in the dark it does look black.

19. BrianC

BrianC Member

So serious question as a non-cali person, how hard is it to take those HoV stickers off? Are they just super sticky bumper stickers that will ruin the paint when removed?

20. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Depends on how it is applied... If the owner just stuck it on, peeling it off will leave remnants behind and I think a VOiD pattern, if I remember correctly.

Some of us stuck the sticker on protective film and then applied it to the car. Which means, you can peel it off rather easily and shouldn't damage the paint.

We (my wife and I) had our guy (@MoeMistry) wrap both our Roadster and Model S in protective film, and then apply the HOV sticker on yet another protective film so that removing it will not damage the paint (on either car).

Hope that helps.