Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 sudden error messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was driving the car today, and all of a sudden she got bombarded with error messages (see attached). Roadside assistance walked her through resetting the car, but eventually said it would need a tech. Tried to do a mobile appt, but was then contacted saying it needs to go to a service center.

Has anyone else experienced this? Car is a pre owned 2016 P90D w 45k miles purchased from Tesla.

Attachments

• 6AC83076-02F1-450F-98B9-B0C59BA4B25D.jpeg
    6AC83076-02F1-450F-98B9-B0C59BA4B25D.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 121
I think i had that while muckign with autopilot computer at one time.

try to do this:

turn off sentry mode if enabled, select "power off" in the settings - all screens should go dark. then leave the car with dark screens for 5 minutes. don't use phone app, if you have teslafi or the like service deactivate it before doing above.

after 5 minutes come to the car, wake it up and see if the errors cleared.

Reactions: VikH
We don’t have sentry. Roadside had her power the car down from the security menu, wait a few minutes and then restart. All the errors were still there.

I’m just hoping there’s an actual cause for all this. I’ll be annoyed if I have to wait 1-2 weeks for an appt just to have the SC do another reset or clear the codes.

high chances there's going to be some sort of a reset involved that would clear it at least that's what I did when I hit something very similar (don't remember exactly if I reset gateway, the autopilot or both)

Thanks for the replies! I might drive the car to the SC Friday and see if they’ll squeeze me even though my appointment is a week away. Roadside said it’s not an urgent matter and it’s drivable so they didn’t consider it a priority. Said they were convenience features a

Thanks for the replies! I might drive the car to the SC Friday and see if they’ll squeeze me even though my appointment is a week away. Roadside said it’s not an urgent matter and it’s drivable so they didn’t consider it a priority. Said they were convenience features a
Traction control, stability control, anti-lock brakes and AEB are not convenience features. I wouldn’t drive the car, except to the SC for repair.

Reactions: chukiechz and VikH
Check the cables next to front brakes, I had my shutter fixed a few months ago with both cables were not clipped back in.

After a few weeks both cables got damaged from touching the rim and same warning lights

I had my shudder fixed as well a few weeks ago. I’m going to bring it in Thursday or Friday and hopefully convince them to take my car in with priority as a safety issue.

Took it in today and they accepted it even though my appointment was further out.

Errors were caused by the front right speed sensor coming loose and rubbing on the wheel. I wonder if it’s related the half shaft replacement done in early January. Very similar to TrollMasster’s situation.

Took it in today and they accepted it even though my appointment was further out.

Errors were caused by the front right speed sensor coming loose and rubbing on the wheel. I wonder if it’s related the half shaft replacement done in early January. Very similar to TrollMasster’s situation.

If both of your cables were unplugged from the holder I would say it was exactly the same as mines. It could be they forgot to plug one back in or it became loose on the holder.

Hopefully they are able to fix this quickly.