Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 vs 7 seats, 2nd row movement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the 2nd HVAC controls located behind the front enter console and are there additional vents to help cool the 3rd row fast, or is this all powered from the center console?

I have the 7 seat. The hvac for the rear is controlled from the main screen upfront. However you can manually adjust the vents in the 2nd and 3rd rows. In the 3rd row, there is a vent on each of the side pillars. In the 2nd row, there are two vents on the side pillars as well. In addition, there are vents on the rear of the 1st row console that the middle seat passenger in the 2nd row can use to get airflow.

Went through this for weeks before going with 6, but it is a personal preference. 7 Seats block view for 3rd row passengers, but offers much better cargo capacity, 6 seats open the car up a lot for the 3rd row plus the leg room but hauling is compromised. Bought a 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight, go the best of both worlds, except a little inconvenience with the trailer...

im starting to lean toward the 5 or 7. I dont need the 3rd row, and I like how the 2nd row has a 60/40 split and can recline further back than the 6 seat combo and of course fold flat for max cargo space. Has anyone got the 5 seater and then realized it would have been better with 7, or vis versa ? I dont haul much stuff in cargo space but i would def appreciate maximize the space when needed.

im starting to lean toward the 5 or 7. I dont need the 3rd row, and I like how the 2nd row has a 60/40 split and can recline further back than the 6 seat combo and of course fold flat for max cargo space. Has anyone got the 5 seater and then realized it would have been better with 7, or vis versa ? I dont haul much stuff in cargo space but i would def appreciate maximize the space when needed.

Something I forgot to bring up in my previous post comparing the different seating options is that only 6 and 7 seater have rear climate controls. 5 seater is dependent on the front AC system so the 2nd row may not cool as efficiently vs the 6 and 7 seater's independent blower.

Here is the manual, it's on page 134: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_x_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Surely you can stick your legs through the slot and lay them on a stool. Now if there are two of you then you will have to stack. :D

A little too tall for that for that to work out for me. I've tried lots of different positions in there. So far the only thing that slightly works is pushing the driver's seat as far back as possible and then laying it down as far as it will go. Even then it's not ideal.