TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

60 miles old, 60D (OTA-able to 75D) Trade?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by hill, Jan 3, 2017.

1. hill

hill Member

Trade (plus cash) for lighter color, lighter interior, cold weather X, w/Tow package & AP II. This beautiful / near new silver S, delivered 2 days before 2017 has 2nd Gen grey Leather, black headliner/carpet, air suspension, 19" silver wheels, cold weather package etc. Any X trade must be with an X not displaying the ghosting anomaly, so obviously we'd need to do night time test driving. We can travel to check it out. Trade reasoning? The primary driver, "She-who-must-be-obeyed" preferes the X.
    (sigh ... hoping for no takers) Thanks!

• Funny x 1
  2. Kenriko

Kenriko Member

I don't see any takers here... do you? report back your troubles trading to the boss.

3. hill

hill Member

Trading in the the boss?
    :p
    2 Expressions come to mind;
    #1 Cheaper to Keep Her
    #2 the kingdom is happy when the queen is happy

We've had several nibbles. More than I expected. But still haven't got a bite. oh well shucks ... i did my best & thus fulfilled the request
    ;)

• Funny x 1
  4. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Are you trying to sell it outright, or only looking for trades?

5. hill

hill Member

I can't imagine an outright sale being any where near as advantageous or equitable as a trade.

6. 289ponygt

289ponygt New Member

It's a long shot but I'm selling my 2014 Porsche Carrera CPO car with 18K miles. MSRP was 95,920. Looking to buy a Tesla. Would your 'Boss" like this?

Attached Files:

7. hill

hill Member

SOLD

Regarding my older Porsche, She who must be obeyed (SWMBO) informed me over 2 decades ago that "we don't need that car" ('89 911 speedster i'd purchase 'salvaged' / stolen, new motor, the only thing taken out of it) because you're married now (really? i thought that made me like it more than ever ;) ). That said, you DO have a nice ride, & if it'd been the Porsche Cayenne Plugin Hybrid she MIGHT have considered it ... even though we have already unloaded the MS just a couple days ago, and ordered the MX . . . which may be here by the end of this month (VIN already designated).
    We only got $80K, for the MX because SWMBO insisted we rush to get it rid of it prior to the X arriving. Even worse, this year we're being hit hard by the AMT tax bracket for the 1st time ever (capitol gains on realty sale) which means we can't get the $7,500 FED tax credit. I tried to talk here out of the X due to the unresolved ghosting issue, and I haven't given up working on her . . . but despite its warts, she's set on it. Good luck with your sale, and thanks for checking out the ad !!