TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

60 miles old, 60D (OTA-able to 75D) Trade?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by hill, Jan 3, 2017.

1. hill

hill Active Member

Trade (plus cash) for lighter color, lighter interior, cold weather X, w/Tow package & AP II. This beautiful / near new silver S, delivered 2 days before 2017 has 2nd Gen grey Leather, black headliner/carpet, air suspension, 19" silver wheels, cold weather package etc. Any X trade must be with an X not displaying the ghosting anomaly, so obviously we'd need to do night time test driving. We can travel to check it out. Trade reasoning? The primary driver, "She-who-must-be-obeyed" preferes the X.
    (sigh ... hoping for no takers) Thanks!

• Funny x 1
  2. Kenriko

Kenriko Vendor

I don't see any takers here... do you? report back your troubles trading to the boss.

3. hill

hill Active Member

Trading in the the boss?
    :p
    2 Expressions come to mind;
    #1 Cheaper to Keep Her
    #2 the kingdom is happy when the queen is happy

We've had several nibbles. More than I expected. But still haven't got a bite. oh well shucks ... i did my best & thus fulfilled the request
    ;)

• Funny x 1
  4. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Are you trying to sell it outright, or only looking for trades?

5. hill

hill Active Member

I can't imagine an outright sale being any where near as advantageous or equitable as a trade.

6. 289ponygt

289ponygt New Member

It's a long shot but I'm selling my 2014 Porsche Carrera CPO car with 18K miles. MSRP was 95,920. Looking to buy a Tesla. Would your 'Boss" like this?

Attached Files:

7. hill

hill Active Member

SOLD

Regarding my older Porsche, She who must be obeyed (SWMBO) informed me over 2 decades ago that "we don't need that car" ('89 911 speedster i'd purchase 'salvaged' / stolen, new motor, the only thing taken out of it) because you're married now (really? i thought that made me like it more than ever ;) ). That said, you DO have a nice ride, & if it'd been the Porsche Cayenne Plugin Hybrid she MIGHT have considered it ... even though we have already unloaded the MS just a couple days ago, and ordered the MX . . . which may be here by the end of this month (VIN already designated).
    We only got $80K, for the MX because SWMBO insisted we rush to get it rid of it prior to the X arriving. Even worse, this year we're being hit hard by the AMT tax bracket for the 1st time ever (capitol gains on realty sale) which means we can't get the $7,500 FED tax credit. I tried to talk here out of the X due to the unresolved ghosting issue, and I haven't given up working on her . . . but despite its warts, she's set on it. Good luck with your sale, and thanks for checking out the ad !!