Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 Seconds from towed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are RWD's towed?

Basically all cars made in the last 10 years here are flat bedded.

They lift up the rear and drive off I guess. I just thought that the front wheels would be immobilized as well and assumed it would have to be flat bedded. Jury's still out on whether that's the case. Someone up thread suggested that they may also place dollies on the front ones.

They lift up the rear and drive off I guess. I just thought that the front wheels would be immobilized as well and assumed it would have to be flat bedded. Jury's still out on whether that's the case. Someone up thread suggested that they may also place dollies on the front ones.

My 4Runner is a 4WD, but the manual is for the RWD and the 4WD. It recommends flatbeds, but if a sling is a must, then sling the rear and put a wheel lifter under the front wheels so it isn't towed tryig to rotate the front wheels.

yes. the Model S needs to be put into tow mode so that the air suspension doesn't try to auto level. otherwise the air suspension will be damaged.

Great, so the guy that was about to tow my MS a couple weeks ago would have been responsible for paying for this damage. He didn't flatbed it or anything. He was about to drive off, but fortunately I caught him.

California (V C Section 22651.07): "Generally the owner of a vehicle may recover for any damage to the vehicle resulting from any intentional or negligent act of a person causing the removal of, or removing, the vehicle."

Texas (Texas Transportation Code - Section 684.084): "(a) A towing company or parking facility owner who violates this chapter is liable to the owner or operator of the vehicle that is the subject of the violation for:

(1) damages arising from the removal or storage of the vehicle"