TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

60D or 75D Acceleration Video?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Seattle Tom, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

Hi, all.

We test drove a 90D X and loved it (of course!), but it may be a hit too much a leap financially. I was considering a 75D or a 60D that we might later upgrade, but for the life of me I can't find a video of one accelerating to 60mph.

I realize he difference is only from 4.8 to 6 seconds but I'd like to know what that looks like. I've searched the forum and Google with no luck - plenty of Ludicrous mode videos but none with the X for mere mortals. :)

Anyone know of one? Thanks!

2. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Should be similar to a 2013/14 60 Model S. Might be some videos of that.

I'm in the same boat as you. Acceleration should be close to my 60, and that's plenty for daily driving. Both do 0-60 in about 6s. The X may do better with less wheel slippage than my RWD S. I'd still like to try a 75X just to be sure :)

3. Xenius

Xenius Member

Is the acceleration the same as the refreshed Model S 60D/75D? If so it's enough to make people say "holy *sugar*".

4. Stasla

Stasla Member

The acceleration in my 75D is plenty fast for my everyday needs. If your goal is to show off the "super fast Tezla" to others - get the P90DL if you can afford it - it's Ludicrously fast 0-60. Pun intended. :p

5. outie

outie Active Member

I am not really sure how you can even perceive the difference just by watching videos. I can't even feel the speed watching a ludicrous launch. Someone tried both 90d and 75d and said the acceleration difference is minimal, unlike 75d vs p90d.

6. Xenius

Xenius Member

Yeah, I could see a difference between a D and a DL, but likely not much more than that. The loaner 75D I had was plenty fast.

7. GoTzillaR

GoTzillaR Member

While 75D in Model S is fast enough for you, it doesn't mean 60D/75D in Model X will be fast as well. The weight difference is about 500lb.

8. halg

halg Member

Planning on creating a video about 75D acceleration from 0-60.

But for me the acceleration is fast enough, especially if you change from a ICE car. I've driven model S p90DL, P85, P85D, I can tell you that you will never satisfied with how fast you can go, even if you get a P90DL, after a while you wish you could go faster, at least that how I felt.

9. RIZE

RIZE Member

When you are going to make that video, can you also show pictures of the interior? I really want to know what the dark ash trim looks like.

10. Xenius

Xenius Member

True, but 500lb is only two larger American men, can't imagine it affects it that much.

11. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

From what I understand, for test rides, they are able to emulate a smaller rated vehicle's performance, so you can compare full power to that which would be available on a smaller battery model.

Check with your demo to see if it can be done for you.

12. outie

outie Active Member

Another member reported that while the 90D could emulate the 75D, the actual 75D still felt different because the 90D carries a larger battery pack and thus heavier.

13. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

We did several launches with a loaner MX90DL vs our MS70D. I was alone in the MS and my wife had the MX loaded (six seater) with the kids. No surprise, I lost every time, but not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Sorry, no video.

14. DougH

DougH Active Member

#14 DougH, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    The cool thing about Tesla's demo cars is that they can switch a 90 to a 60 75 or P so you can feel the difference. I did notice a difference between the 75 and 90, not that big of a difference though.

I suggest going to the store and doing this before you buy/order.

15. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

The slower Teslas are still faster than most of what's on the road. Don't worry about having a "slow" Tesla. As long as you don't make a habit of racing P90Ds from stoplights, it'll feel quick as lightning. ;)

16. halg

halg Member

here is your video:

• Like x 4
  17. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

Thanks, Halg.