Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D or 75D Acceleration Video?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all.

We test drove a 90D X and loved it (of course!), but it may be a hit too much a leap financially. I was considering a 75D or a 60D that we might later upgrade, but for the life of me I can't find a video of one accelerating to 60mph.

I realize he difference is only from 4.8 to 6 seconds but I'd like to know what that looks like. I've searched the forum and Google with no luck - plenty of Ludicrous mode videos but none with the X for mere mortals. :)

Anyone know of one? Thanks!

Should be similar to a 2013/14 60 Model S. Might be some videos of that.

I'm in the same boat as you. Acceleration should be close to my 60, and that's plenty for daily driving. Both do 0-60 in about 6s. The X may do better with less wheel slippage than my RWD S. I'd still like to try a 75X just to be sure :)

I am not really sure how you can even perceive the difference just by watching videos. I can't even feel the speed watching a ludicrous launch. Someone tried both 90d and 75d and said the acceleration difference is minimal, unlike 75d vs p90d.

Planning on creating a video about 75D acceleration from 0-60.

But for me the acceleration is fast enough, especially if you change from a ICE car. I've driven model S p90DL, P85, P85D, I can tell you that you will never satisfied with how fast you can go, even if you get a P90DL, after a while you wish you could go faster, at least that how I felt.

From what I understand, for test rides, they are able to emulate a smaller rated vehicle's performance, so you can compare full power to that which would be available on a smaller battery model.

Check with your demo to see if it can be done for you.
Another member reported that while the 90D could emulate the 75D, the actual 75D still felt different because the 90D carries a larger battery pack and thus heavier.

The cool thing about Tesla's demo cars is that they can switch a 90 to a 60 75 or P so you can feel the difference. I did notice a difference between the 75 and 90, not that big of a difference though.

I suggest going to the store and doing this before you buy/order.

Last edited:
Hi, all.

We test drove a 90D X and loved it (of course!), but it may be a hit too much a leap financially. I was considering a 75D or a 60D that we might later upgrade, but for the life of me I can't find a video of one accelerating to 60mph.

I realize he difference is only from 4.8 to 6 seconds but I'd like to know what that looks like. I've searched the forum and Google with no luck - plenty of Ludicrous mode videos but none with the X for mere mortals. :)

Anyone know of one? Thanks!

here is your video: