TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

60D Order/Delivery Thread

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Dr Doom, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

Hi guys:

I know Model X 60D just came out. Figure for all the 60D people, we could create a thread to figure out if they are starting to roll them out soon. Please post if you get a VIN and expected delivery date.

I confirmed my order on July 15th. Awaiting my VIN.
    I ordered a 60D, 6 seater, air suspension.

• Like x 1
  2. jbumps

jbumps Member

Order confirmed over night. VIN was in my inbox this am. If in interpreting the VIN correctly, I'm 16,158 in the series. Delivery date was late September when I ordered one week ago. Last email said late September or October.

• Like x 1
  3. outie

outie Member

I ordered on 15th and confirmed 23th. No VIN yet. DS said it would go in production in last week of September and is looking to deliver first week of October.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

Placed my order on the 26th, obviously no VIN yet. Ordered X60D, silver, 7 seater, SAS, accessory hitch. Excited to be a first time Tesla owner.

• Like x 1
  5. Raska

Raska Member

Ordered the 13th, confirmed the 20th, VIN on the 21st. 6 seater, SAS, PUP, AP. Was told to expected delivery first or second week of October.

• Like x 1
  6. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

For the people who got VINs, did you guys confirm all the details? I haven't put in the trade in option and payment stuff in yet. I don't know if that affects the shipment date. I was told it shouldn't.

7. Chaiski

Chaiski Member

Ordered July 19, confirmed July 26 and VIN issued July 27. Order specs: solid white, 6 seater, SAS, AP

Spoke to DS today, no delivery information given. Still assuming end of September/early October as per website

And no, we haven't confirmed all information (trade-in, DL's, etc)

• Like x 1
  8. DAN81

DAN81 Member

Ordered June 12 75D. Downgraded to 60D July 17 VIN129XX. DS told me in August. Worst case would be beginning September. I got the VIN from my 75D order.

6 seater, SAS, Solid White

• Like x 1
  9. xryzor

xryzor Member

Ordered 15th of July, confirmed yesterday. Got VIN the same day. 161**.
    6-seater with all options added.

• Like x 1
  10. jbumps

jbumps Member

Everything but financing is confirmed. I'm going with Alliant and the approval window is only 30 days, so I'll have to wait until closer to delivery to complete the last step.

11. jbumps

jbumps Member

That suggests that they've sold another 3,600+ over the course of the last month or so? Annualized sales of 30-45,000 units?

12. outie

outie Member

I am curious how some members ordered and confirmed later get VINs earlier. Does getting VIN necessary mean it will be produced earlier than those without VINs yet?

13. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Monthly Vin # issues were roughly 3680 in June and 3300 so far (thru 7/28) in July. Similar.

Those are Vin # issues, not sales. Some can be inventory/loaners/demos as they sell off old early Vin # demos.

Combined with Model S, this is over 7000 Vin #s per month in June and July. However, I see a trend of same-day Vin #s in later July for Model X indicating that they may be slowing down for a bit as those who have confirmed have all gotten Vin #s except 5-seat configs.

There is an earnings conf. call next Wednesday and firing on all cylinders until then is important. They can say "annualized production" for July can be 90,000 if they built all these recent Vin #s and had a good month of nearly 2000/weeks. This does not mean, though, that new orders are coming in that fast - the backlog of Model X needs to continue confirming to keep up with that rate. Beginning of July, days between confirm to vin # was 1-2 months and more. End of July, confirmations get vin # same or next day. Anyone knowing how statistics and backlogs work will understand that trend analysis. And it gives them a bit of room to do things like possibly take a week break in August for final quarter retooling and to give the guys a break from a big July. I don't think they had much of a break the week of July 4.

• Like x 2
  14. Chaiski

Chaiski Member

Not able to answer your question but thought you may find this VIN info interesting. We had ordered an MS 60D and confirmed 7 days later but waited over 2 weeks for a VIN- much different timeline than our MX VIN, which was issued the day after confirmation.

Side note: We ended up cancelling our S which was about to enter production when the MX 60 was an announced. Paid $500 to make the change and will now most likely use our M3 reservation, which we had planned on forgoing with the MS60. The announcement of the 60 got us to make a move earlier than expected. Nice job marketing team!

15. maratd

maratd Member

This isn't quite right. Those of us with coil still haven't gotten VIN #s either.

16. BobCio

BobCio Member

I ordered July 17, confirmed July 24, X 60D, air suspension, 6 seat, auto pilot, premium, still no VIN and I'm in northern California... Thought that would have helped, but appears not. The DS had provided no info, only responded to one of my emails.

• Like x 1
  17. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Can 6-7 seats even get coils? I cannot configure that on the site. 6-7 seat say "requires SAS".

18. outie

outie Member

Used to be, just not any more.

19. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

yeah. i am in the same boat with the air suspension, 6 seater, 60D. awaiting a VIN.

20. Hrnd Frog

Hrnd Frog New Member

Hmmm. We ordered MX 75D on 7/7. Before the 7 day finalization, the 60D came out, so switched. Confirmed the 60D on 7/14, but still no VIN #. Delivery estimate when I ordered was late Sept.

Given the fact that I don't have a VIN # yet, does that mean I'm not in production queue and behind new orders that have VINs? Just curious. Thx