Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery this morning in Seattle and was really pleased with the quality... I went through every item in the delivery checklist onenote that I found on this forum and spent a good two hours at the service center checking things off. I had told them in advance that I would like more time and so they scheduled me at 9AM and let me inspect to my hearts content once the orientation was over. The issues I found were the following -

1. A little bit of grease on the inner hinge of the falcon wing door (just wiped it off)
2. I notice a little bit of wind noise while driving on the expressway at 70mph towards the drivers side door... I may be imagining it too coz it really isnt that bad...
3. When taking sharp curves I almost feel like the car will give and start to skid. Again nothing too bothersome.

I plan on having them check for 2 & 3 if they begin to annoy me or make me worried. Apart from that everything was good...

I was concerned about the acceleration in the 60D... I was trading in my GL450 to get the 60D and was worried I may be wanting more when I press the accelerator... Like others have said in the forums, I am very pleased with the acceleration on the 60D... It beats the GL450 any day... Someone had said it right - the 60D is 90% as much fun as the 90D and about 30 grand cheaper...

Attachments

• IMG_20160924_094454.jpg
    IMG_20160924_094454.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20160924_094435.jpg
    IMG_20160924_094435.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 72
Scheduled delivery on 9/27! Faster than I expected. Suspect it is end of quarter production rush.

X60D
Deep Blue Metallic
20" Slipstream Wheels
Ultra White Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot
Premium Upgrade
SAS

Ordered 8/28
Confirmed 9/4
VIN 202xx
Projected Delivery: 9/27

Picked up my X and what a world of difference driving my X compared to my ICE vehicle.

I went over most things on the list. Had some fit and finish issues. My passenger side rear chrome area nearly hit the FWD which know will hit if I park on an incline. Lots of grease and some extra bird droppings I didn't like. Mine did not come with my mobile charging cables and such so I got a loaner set until mine arrives.

Lastly mine has windshield ghosting issues which I can clearly see. It's worst when I see oncoming white lights vs taillights.

Picked up my X and what a world of difference driving my X compared to my ICE vehicle.

I went over most things on the list. Had some fit and finish issues. My passenger side rear chrome area nearly hit the FWD which know will hit if I park on an incline. Lots of grease and some extra bird droppings I didn't like. Mine did not come with my mobile charging cables and such so I got a loaner set until mine arrives.

Lastly mine has windshield ghosting issues which I can clearly see. It's worst when I see oncoming white lights vs taillights.
Congratulations. I wish I can even take my car home. I literally just drove it from the garage to the street to load my car seats and the door failed. I think there seems to be a common issue for this batch of cars. @gmtom1 also has the bent chrome strip.

They gave me a model S loaner and will deliver the car to my home after fixing it. A day or 2 according to the delivery manager. Finger crossed. He drove it more than I did to the service center down the street!

Congratulations. I wish I can even take my car home. I literally just drove it from the garage to the street to load my car seats and the door failed. I think there seems to be a common issue for this batch of cars. @gmtom1 also has the bent chrome strip.

They gave me a model S loaner and will deliver the car to my home after fixing it. A day or 2 according to the delivery manager. Finger crossed. He drove it more than I did to the service center down the street!

Thanks and it really sucks to hear that happened. These next few days are gonna be worst than waiting for your delivery day. Hope this is the last of your issues.

• Love
Reactions: outie
Ouch, took delivery and I drove it out of the parking lot to load my car seats, opened the driver side falcon door, and SNAP the door hits the chrome trim and it came out and bent. It's back to the shop on day 1. They are replacing the trim and door sensor.
That's exactly what mine did! Which door? Mine was the driver's side. Pulled it up a good 3"-4" inches, and then was preventing it from closing until I bent it back down.

So I started looking closer at the other side and it looks as though the trim around the back window sticks out a bit more than it should. The gap between the door and frame is larger, and the gap between the chrome pieces on the door is barely there - so I can see where anything being a bit off on the door on that side could result in a similar problem. Also the gap between the chrome and car frame fluctuates (is not even). Perhaps that's the way it's supposed to be, I cannot tell.

Haven't gotten it back to the shop yet though, will this next week for sure. Going to go through it very carefully tomorrow to see if there are any other hidden surprises that they should look at while they have it.

Ouch, took delivery and I drove it out of the parking lot to load my car seats, opened the driver side falcon door, and SNAP the door hits the chrome trim and it came out and bent. It's back to the shop on day 1. They are replacing the trim and door sensor.

Didn't notice your picture before... I have matching pics!

As you will see in the background, we had just stopped at a Tesla Supercharger to test the charging and look over some additional items (like opening and closing all the doors).

Be sure to check both sides!
20160920_153147-sml.jpg
20160920_153150-sml.jpg
20160920_153316-sml.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from Texas!

I've been a Tesla fan for a while and finally pulled the plug and ordered a 60D Model X last month. Unfortunately, it looks like a long wait is in my future since I ordered the 5-seater with coils config.

Model X 60D with Autopilot
Ordered: Aug 28th
Confirmed: Sep 4th
No VIN yet

Hoping the "Late 2016" estimate is not in Tesla time! :)

Sounds like a systemic issue as we picked ours up yesterday and noticed the same driver side alignment issues, though the FWD door has worked flawlessly.

A little more wind noise on that side too and the driver door seems a bit clunky....

A ticket was started and we plan taking it in once the September rush is over....

That's exactly what mine did! Which door? Mine was the driver's side. Pulled it up a good 3"-4" inches, and then was preventing it from closing until I bent it back down.

So I started looking closer at the other side and it looks as though the trim around the back window sticks out a bit more than it should. The gap between the door and frame is larger, and the gap between the chrome pieces on the door is barely there - so I can see where anything being a bit off on the door on that side could result in a similar problem. Also the gap between the chrome and car frame fluctuates (is not even). Perhaps that's the way it's supposed to be, I cannot tell.

Haven't gotten it back to the shop yet though, will this next week for sure. Going to go through it very carefully tomorrow to see if there are any other hidden surprises that they should look at while they have it.