Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN# last June, and my DS told me the production was completed this week. Since it usually takes 2 weeks for the production, I assume the production starts around mid-July. So it can take 2-4 weeks for the production to start after a VIN is assigned.

Just got my VIN today! I ordered July 17, confirmed July 24, X 60D, air suspension, 6 seat, auto pilot, premium...
Also learned from another poster than you can go into the web page code (HTML) of MyTesla and find a hidden delivery date code by searching for "section-delivery-pickup". If this is correct, it shows that my delivery would be 2016-09-19. Not sure if it's correct, but will post back to let everyone know. See the attached pic of that section of html.

Attachments

• Hidden Delivery Code.jpg
    Hidden Delivery Code.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 112
Nice! That really puzzles me again as I ordered on 15th and confirmed on 22nd. Still no VIN yet. Not sure if 6/7 seats makes the difference.

Btw the source code shows the same date for me without VIN, so I don't know if that's any actual meaning in those drop downs.

I ordered a week ago and got my VIN as soon as the one week "change period" ended.

For CA, I think we have to wait for license plates before being able to apply for the HOV stickers.

Heard from our salesperson that the five seater version of the X is delayed until about December.

Did anyone do the higher amperage charger?

Just got my VIN today! I ordered July 17, confirmed July 24, X 60D, air suspension, 6 seat, auto pilot, premium...
Also learned from another poster than you can go into the web page code (HTML) of MyTesla and find a hidden delivery date code by searching for "section-delivery-pickup". If this is correct, it shows that my delivery would be 2016-09-19. Not sure if it's correct, but will post back to let everyone know. See the attached pic of that section of html.

i think that those are just the drop downs for when you can select your delivery date. i think that is hidden until it gets closer to the time of delivery, i would assume. i have the same values.

@ebjohnso is correct - at the moment, 9/19 is the hidden code that shows on everyone's page.

I myself converted 75D > 60D (and at the same time, added all the options I didn't have) on 7/14, order clock stopped and mytesla updated on 7/21, after a lot of emails+calls to DS, OA, and sales, I found out that my VIN will (supposedly) generate ~8/12, and that it would be "shocking" if I didn't have my MX60D by end of September, or a bit earlier.

Can't say that I feel all that grateful, given that people who order TOMORROW, are being told the same thing..... but still........... I'm a little grateful.

I had a 75D with a VIN and luckily was able to go to a 60D before my car hit production. My SC told me my X arrived on Friday, and they are working on it this week. I'm having XPEL put on and since I live hours away my SC they will handle getting it done. They said I should be able to pick it up 8/5 -- so super excited. If anyone has any questions about the 60D let me know. I'm new to the Tesla world and the overall EV movement. Have our second baby due in 2 weeks, so excited the X came in right at time (crossing my fingers the baby doesn't come before taking delivery of the X, ha!)

• Love
Reactions: jbumps
To people confirmed and have VIN, do you think autopilot 2.0 will be available on their cars when they get them delivered?

It's really tough- I want to get the model x as soon as possible but I also want the newer autopilot. I know it's coming out soon.

I ordered a week ago and got my VIN as soon as the one week "change period" ended.

For CA, I think we have to wait for license plates before being able to apply for the HOV stickers.

Heard from our salesperson that the five seater version of the X is delayed until about December.

Did anyone do the higher amperage charger?

Interesting in that I got my VIN today, which is exactly one week from the CONFIRMED date also. Some had gotten theirs right after confirmation, but one week is good too...

I did not do the higher amperage. The additional cost for that, as well as the increased cost for the home charger didn't make sense for us for the minimal increase in charge time. Plus we have two different SuperCharger locations in Folsom, CA right by our house, so we'll stop and have dinner on the way home from work (in Sacramento), and get fully charged!

Confirmed: 7/21
Configuration: 60D, black, 6 seats, ob wheels, black leather, ap, pup, uhfs
No vin yet.

DS said it would be late Oct or early Nov. Told them my lease was up end of october. Hope that helps move it along, but not holding my breath.
Try looking at your MyTesla page, and look at the HTML code and see what date it shows. I'd be curious to see if shows something different than what they are suggesting it might be... See my post from 11:04am on how to do that...

I had a 75D with a VIN and luckily was able to go to a 60D before my car hit production. My SC told me my X arrived on Friday, and they are working on it this week. I'm having XPEL put on and since I live hours away my SC they will handle getting it done. They said I should be able to pick it up 8/5 -- so super excited. If anyone has any questions about the 60D let me know. I'm new to the Tesla world and the overall EV movement. Have our second baby due in 2 weeks, so excited the X came in right at time (crossing my fingers the baby doesn't come before taking delivery of the X, ha!)
Wow, congrats and congrats (on the X and the baby! So what was the time from changing to the 60D and it arriving? Also, what are you having XPELed? The whole thing or just portions?

To people confirmed and have VIN, do you think autopilot 2.0 will be available on their cars when they get them delivered?

It's really tough- I want to get the model x as soon as possible but I also want the newer autopilot. I know it's coming out soon.

Heck, I didn't even know there was an AP 2.0. I did see a post somewhere that someone had to have their X windshield replaced and the new windshield had an extra camera holder (or something like that?) and they were speculating that it was in preparation for the upgraded AP (which I now know must mean AP 2.0).

Wow, congrats and congrats (on the X and the baby! So what was the time from changing to the 60D and it arriving? Also, what are you having XPELed? The whole thing or just portions?

Luckily it didn't slow down the process at all. I'm getting portions of it XPELed -- the front and the hood -- and I'm also getting them to do the seat backs so there won't be any scuffs. Apparently that's been popular with the X's the shop has done so far and well received.

Luckily it didn't slow down the process at all. I'm getting portions of it XPELed -- the front and the hood -- and I'm also getting them to do the seat backs so there won't be any scuffs. Apparently that's been popular with the X's the shop has done so far and well received.
Thanks... I'm thinking front and hood also - just have to find someone competent to do it in Sacramento area (and at a reasonable price!)