Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a systemic issue as we picked ours up yesterday and noticed the same driver side alignment issues, though the FWD door has worked flawlessly.

A little more wind noise on that side too and the driver door seems a bit clunky....

A ticket was started and we plan taking it in once the September rush is over....
Did you get a tesla loaner? X or S?

No FWD door issues when opening at restricted angle?

Any other issues in general?

Opened my fwd in restricted position in my garage and around town, no issues so far but I can see possibly the chrome piece popping/benting like others cause the gap is almost not there on my passenger side. (on due bill to fix).

I dont hear wind noise but I'm not paying that much attention to notice it.

Not sure if there's suppose to be light clicking sounds as the truck opens? Any one else?

Hood has verticle lines in the top coat.

This morning my screen kept flickering on/off until I closed all the doors and reopened them.

Only other issue is GHOSTING.

I spent a good 2 hours this morning checking everything. Some misalignment but nothing mechanical so far.

Holy crap! Is there anyone who has had no build quality issues with delivery of their 60D? I'm scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow at 9am and I'm very nervous now after reading all these recent build issues. Is Tesla compromising build quality to hurry and get as many delivered before end of quarter? I sure hope not!

I was scheduled for Sept 28. DS called to ask if I could pick it up a day early. And of course I will be going to get it at 6 tomorrow. She didn't think it would have 8.0, as that comes from Fremont and the service center can't force it. Sounds like they're working overtime to make the quarter. Hope my FWDs don't click.

is everyone charging their X60D to 100%, not sure if its confirmed that it can be charged to 100% without significant damage to the batteries/

Check with Tesla directly but there have been threads here that indicated that Tesla employees have told them that 100% charging daily of a 60 which has a 75 kWh pack in it is acceptable. But check with Tesla and get 2-3 opinions. I don't believe I've heard of "official language" on this one yet. If you normally drive nearly 200 miles a day, 100% charging daily may be what you need. I would hate to have to drive that much, however.

is everyone charging their X60D to 100%, not sure if its confirmed that it can be charged to 100% without significant damage to the batteries/
Read the Model S thread on this. Plenty of opinions but also some intelligent analysis. Tesla is mum on the subject because it does not help their cause in selling the upgrade to 75kwh. Consensus is charge to 100% every day if you wish because the battery is top limited. Meaning a 100% charge is actually an 80% charge on the battery.

Tesla will never give out an official response on that subject because they don't want to confuse their customers that certain models can be charged to 100% while some can't. Just leave this as a secret that can't be told but we all know.