Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for 60 owners and orders. Did you get the battery size mainly because you don't have a need for the longer range?
And/or were you in climate like California which doesn't have winter temperatures low enough to cause loss of range?

I thought the 60 worked well for large city regions where people who don't drive "cross country" could get a sizable electric SUV for a little less cost. Maybe they leased a lot of 60s and ran-down the lease monies that were recently gotten from Deutsch Bank (DB).

Wonder what this does for resale value.

Honestly 60d didn't make sense. 60d with pup and some add one had a nicer interior than a p100d for 160k+

Feel fortunate to have grabbed one. I do mainly city driving. Between home charging and SC I have never been under 100 miles so far and can still make it to all major cities around me.

• Informative
Reactions: bonaire
Question for 60 owners and orders. Did you get the battery size mainly because you don't have a need for the longer range?
And/or were you in climate like California which doesn't have winter temperatures low enough to cause loss of range?

I thought the 60 worked well for large city regions where people who don't drive "cross country" could get a sizable electric SUV for a little less cost. Maybe they leased a lot of 60s and ran-down the lease monies that were recently gotten from Deutsch Bank (DB).
Yes we don't drive very far and live in California. We needed a bigger car with our second child, we need an electric vehicle because I work from home and hate going to gas station (yes I am cheap I mostly go to Costco gas where lines are usually long), and I got solar installed last year. I was going to get a 75 or 90 but the introduction of the 60 made convincing the wife so much easier. Otherwise I'd probably be still nagging the wife today versus already driving one.

Yes we don't drive very far and live in California. We needed a bigger car with our second child, we need an electric vehicle because I work from home and hate going to gas station (yes I am cheap I mostly go to Costco gas where lines are usually long), Andy I got solar installed last year. I was going to get a 75 or 90 but the introduction of the 60 made convincing the wife so much easier. Otherwise I'd probably be still nagging the wife today versus already driving one.

My scenario exactly. Except we have 3 kids (under 6) in the same row in our old suv. Needed to separate them with captain chairs. 75 was just out of our price range. I do about 70-90 miles a day and getting anywhere in CA is densely concentrated with chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: bonaire
I'm happy I got the 60D. It's the same vehicle with software restricting the amount of charge. And I saved a lot of money.

I think Tesla offered the 60 to make their numbers for the 3rd quarter. They didn't want to discount and the lower price 60 spurred additional sales. It worked, as all they care about is proving to investors that they can produce and deliver volume. Profits don't matter while waiting for the Model 3, that's the future of Tesla as a major player in the automobile industry. They are a great marketing company; direct sales only, no advertising and establish the brand as a luxury, high-end, high-performance vehicle. The get into the lower priced, high volume with a great reputation.

They know what they're doing. When my 60D goes back at the end of the lease Tesla will upgrade it to a 75D at virtually no cost to them.

I predict we'll see a lot of low-mileage demo cars being sold at a good discount at the end of the year. They will need to keep up the sales numbers.

Picked up my X 60D from NJ. The car is fantastic. 6 seat PUP, SAS, autopilot. White with Tan leather. They told me Tesla is discontinuing 60D and it came true today.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 72
I am not a fan of the X style and yet...................
The more I learn about the X the more I may consider it when my S lease is up. (Not for 3 years )
I may not have given it a chance at first glance, door issues, , less storage(I thought) etc........
I am loving my S and hopefully in 3 years the X price will be attainable. No regrets, just some 2nd looks at it.

It's the same in the U.K. Right now this change came after a major price increase a few days ago due to the week pound against dollar due to brexit. 3% increase across the board it may not sound like a lot but it would've increased the price of my X60D order by £4000 or $5000 and it's the cheapest car ! Thank god i pursuaded the wife to agree in August to place the order for the 60D if not I would have definitely been waiting for my model 3 reservation which being in a right hand drive country would have been last to be produced probably in 2019. At least for me and my wife we have been rewarded this time for being decisive which often works against you in life. Now I can look forward to the delivery of my 60D X and my wife is allready enjoying the puppies I had to concede to to get the go ahead

• Funny
Reactions: MikeC
I would also like to add for me the X60D made it possible for me order my tesla. It's all about the entry level price. Then once you drive it for a while you can determine if you need the extra range of the 75. It's a really flexible arrangement. I think tesla are making a mistake cancelling this option