Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my UK spec right hand drive 60D on the 23rd July. Right hand drive production is due to start in Q4 with first UK deliveries in January, I have a February date at present (subject to Tesla time). We aren't getting VINs at the moment, only order confirmation numbers. My Dashboard confirms that "I am in the production queue".
It was an email from Tesla in July that made our decision as I had decided X was just too much money for a second/family car and we were about to sign on a Mecedes GLC.
There are only left hand drive cars to "view" in the UK at present. No test drives although they are talking about rides with a Tesla driver.
Demos in Model S when they only had left hand drive cars cost too much in missing wing mirrors, damaged wheel rims and Tesla staff in therapy, I guess.
My email about the 60D coincided with us visiting Lake Tahoe, so we had a proper test drive at Tesla Rocklin on the way back to San Francisco. Can't wait.

I ordered a X60D (all upgrades) on July 25th. Just got an email yesterday our Vin # is 158XX. My neighbor just got his X75D last Wed and he was 82XX. That Vin# of his through me off a little bit.

@cfs2051 and @openwyder
@cfs2051 VIN of 158XX seems reasonable for a July 25 order. My order was placed 7/17, confirmed 7/24, vin assigned 7/31 with VIN 166XX. So his VIN was probably assigned already from his order, even though he was not emailed. I noticed my VIN on the MyTesla page a couple days before the DS emailed me to tell me what it was...

Did your DS give you an estimated delivery date? Mine is mid-September, so I'm betting yours is in that range too.

Just got my VIN today! I ordered July 17, confirmed July 24, X 60D, air suspension, 6 seat, auto pilot, premium...
Also learned from another poster than you can go into the web page code (HTML) of MyTesla and find a hidden delivery date code by searching for "section-delivery-pickup". If this is correct, it shows that my delivery would be 2016-09-19. Not sure if it's correct, but will post back to let everyone know. See the attached pic of that section of html.

Here's String of Code, is yours the same?

name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="2016-09-19|first-available">First Available</option><option value="2016-09-19">Late September</option><option value="2016-10-01">October</option><option value="2016-11-01">November</option><option value="2016-12-01">December</option><option value="2017-01-01">January, 2017</option><option value="2017-02-01">February, 2017</option></select></span>