Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, sorry for reposting this, as well as being a bit off-topic, however could someone that recently took delivery after the price increase of Autopilot confirm the following...?

Hi,
Anyone of you that recently took delivery who has the double/triple cam reported in here : Tesla Model X delivered with dual front-facing camera housing hinting at Autopilot 2.0
Would you please post Pictures of Your front facing camera housing, I am curious if the rumours about autopilot 2 hardware has any merit.

My car was hit production 25th of September.
Finished 1 October.

Missing out on rumored AP2.0 with 1 week. Car delivered in December since I live in Norway.
Don't really feel like taking delivery of the car. Joy has turned to disappointment. Thanks, Elon :(

Question for 60 owners and orders. Did you get the battery size mainly because you don't have a need for the longer range?
And/or were you in climate like California which doesn't have winter temperatures low enough to cause loss of range?

I thought the 60 worked well for large city regions where people who don't drive "cross country" could get a sizable electric SUV for a little less cost. Maybe they leased a lot of 60s and ran-down the lease monies that were recently gotten from Deutsch Bank (DB).

We're in the northeast where superchargers are fairly dense, and thus 60D was probably going to be enough for us. If it turns out not to be the case, we can upgrade later to 75D for a minor penalty. That was a big factor in having the confidence to buy a "smaller" (software limited) battery.
We just did our first long trip of ~600 miles in the 60D, and SC availability was certainly not a problem. We never went below ~20% charge.
We don't know yet how winter temps will affect the range, but it doesn't get *that* cold here, near the ocean, and we tend to travel during the holidays when there is lots of traffic, so we should get a range boost just from going a bit slower.

Maybe the 5-seater will be offered in 60 later in the quarter.
livery who has the double/triple cam reported in her
We're in the northeast where superchargers are fairly dense, and thus 60D was probably going to be enough for us. If it turns out not to be the case, we can upgrade later to 75D for a minor penalty. That was a big factor in having the confidence to buy a "smaller" (software limited) battery.
We just did our first long trip of ~600 miles in the 60D, and SC availability was certainly not a problem. We never went below ~20% charge.
We don't know yet how winter temps will affect the range, but it doesn't get *that* cold here, near the ocean, and we tend to travel during the holidays when there is lots of traffic, so we should get a range boost just from going a bit slower.

Should see about 20-30% lower range in an EV in the winter if you use any of the cabin heating elements. Using the software to judge range to next SC will help. Use pre-heating off the grid before travel too.

Finished 1 October.

Missing out on rumored AP2.0 with 1 week. Car delivered in December since I live in Norway.
Don't really feel like taking delivery of the car. Joy has turned to disappointment. Thanks, Elon :(

Don't fret. I think you may hopefully have a retrofit possible. I don't know when we will see the autopilot 2.0. this is only a rumor right now.

Finished 1 October.

Much better off than if you just got the car, 15.000 NOK to loose if rumor turns out to be true... and a couple of months of extra wait of course... But than again, you have the x60 right since your in this tread... hmm. Maybe better to try sell the car since I think many want x60 in Norway since it is more affordable so maybe you can get a bit more than bougth if for since it is off the list, and if so, it makes sence to take on a 75 (or best 90)

• Helpful
Reactions: xryzor and InderMX