Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys:

I know Model X 60D just came out. Figure for all the 60D people, we could create a thread to figure out if they are starting to roll them out soon. Please post if you get a VIN and expected delivery date.

I confirmed my order on July 15th. Awaiting my VIN.
I ordered a 60D, 6 seater, air suspension.

Reactions: Shawn Snider
For the people who got VINs, did you guys confirm all the details? I haven't put in the trade in option and payment stuff in yet. I don't know if that affects the shipment date. I was told it shouldn't.

Ordered July 19, confirmed July 26 and VIN issued July 27. Order specs: solid white, 6 seater, SAS, AP

Spoke to DS today, no delivery information given. Still assuming end of September/early October as per website

And no, we haven't confirmed all information (trade-in, DL's, etc)

Reactions: Shawn Snider
For the people who got VINs, did you guys confirm all the details? I haven't put in the trade in option and payment stuff in yet. I don't know if that affects the shipment date. I was told it shouldn't.

Everything but financing is confirmed. I'm going with Alliant and the approval window is only 30 days, so I'll have to wait until closer to delivery to complete the last step.

That suggests that they've sold another 3,600+ over the course of the last month or so? Annualized sales of 30-45,000 units?

Monthly Vin # issues were roughly 3680 in June and 3300 so far (thru 7/28) in July. Similar.

Those are Vin # issues, not sales. Some can be inventory/loaners/demos as they sell off old early Vin # demos.

Combined with Model S, this is over 7000 Vin #s per month in June and July. However, I see a trend of same-day Vin #s in later July for Model X indicating that they may be slowing down for a bit as those who have confirmed have all gotten Vin #s except 5-seat configs.

There is an earnings conf. call next Wednesday and firing on all cylinders until then is important. They can say "annualized production" for July can be 90,000 if they built all these recent Vin #s and had a good month of nearly 2000/weeks. This does not mean, though, that new orders are coming in that fast - the backlog of Model X needs to continue confirming to keep up with that rate. Beginning of July, days between confirm to vin # was 1-2 months and more. End of July, confirmations get vin # same or next day. Anyone knowing how statistics and backlogs work will understand that trend analysis. And it gives them a bit of room to do things like possibly take a week break in August for final quarter retooling and to give the guys a break from a big July. I don't think they had much of a break the week of July 4.

I am curious how some members ordered and confirmed later get VINs earlier. Does getting VIN necessary mean it will be produced earlier than those without VINs yet?

Not able to answer your question but thought you may find this VIN info interesting. We had ordered an MS 60D and confirmed 7 days later but waited over 2 weeks for a VIN- much different timeline than our MX VIN, which was issued the day after confirmation.

Side note: We ended up cancelling our S which was about to enter production when the MX 60 was an announced. Paid $500 to make the change and will now most likely use our M3 reservation, which we had planned on forgoing with the MS60. The announcement of the 60 got us to make a move earlier than expected. Nice job marketing team!

Hmmm. We ordered MX 75D on 7/7. Before the 7 day finalization, the 60D came out, so switched. Confirmed the 60D on 7/14, but still no VIN #. Delivery estimate when I ordered was late Sept.

Given the fact that I don't have a VIN # yet, does that mean I'm not in production queue and behind new orders that have VINs? Just curious. Thx