TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

60D Supercharger Rate

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by LCBlue, Sep 30, 2016.

1. LCBlue

LCBlue Member

Hey guys,

Just picked up my MX 60D yesterday and tried my first supercharger last night at the Syosset supercharger. Initially there was a MS charging next to me (4 stalls - 3 of the four were being used by tesla employees charging presumably new cars for delivery even at 11pm at night!). Eventually I was able to unplug the MS in the paired stall next to me so I could get the higher charge rate. Before I did that I was getting about 85 mph charge rate when I started at about 50% battery. Once I was able to unplug the MS momentarily so I would get the higher charge rate, I got about 135 mph rate of charge which it maintained all the way to 100%. Still slower than I expect, but by this time I was probably at around 90% charge. Any other 60D drivers out there can comment on the rate of charge they get at superchargers?

Thanks!

2. Jay.Y

Jay.Y Member

Attaching a few screenshots while supercharging with my X60D.

Attached Files:

3. LCBlue

LCBlue Member

Yeah I guess I forgot to post an update. It's definitely that specific supercharger I was using is slow. All the other superchargers I've used since (2 road trips so far!) have been much faster and along the lines of what I was expecting (306 mph range added at peak).