Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D to 75D Battery unlock no longer available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been holding off on the battery upgrade until such a time that I actually need it and felt secure in knowing I could just upgrade it at any time through my Tesla account. Now that option has disappeared from my account and there doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade. It seems silly to have to go to the service center for something that used to be automatic. Has anyone found another way to unlock the pack?

If the option isn't in your Tesla account, the only option you have is to contact Tesla. There's no secret third way.

Your best bet is probably to schedule a service appointment. There's a good chance they'll contact you ahead of time and potentially address it remotely.

...I should have known booking a service appointment would cause confusion. They texted me back advising me that I don't need a service appointment for the upgrade and referred me back to the MyTesla page. *facepalm!

My mobile ranger guy came over for an unrelated issue and when I mentioned it to him he seemed surprised so he called someone (maybe another ranger) to see what’s up and no other explication other than they stopped offering it on the website. My car is going to the service center on said unrelated issues next week so he put in a note to the effect the customer (me) wants to buy the unlock and see what happens over there. I guess I’ll know more on the 12th so stay tuned for an update.

• Helpful
Reactions: cucubits
I bought a used 60D just a month ago. Was told it would be a 75D at delivery most likely, if not it would be easy to do for free later. Took delivery, was a 60D. Complained, got over the air update that extended range. Took in for service, got performance update (low 4 0-60) and rebadged. Free.

They can do it. They don't want to do it it seems. My saving grace was it was part of my purchase discussion.

It’s not offered. Scuttlebutt is that it will be offered at the end of the year, but there’s nothing definitive and no matter what you say at the service center they are not going to do it just because they feel like it.

I bought a used 60D just a month ago. Was told it would be a 75D at delivery most likely, if not it would be easy to do for free later. Took delivery, was a 60D. Complained, got over the air update that extended range. Took in for service, got performance update (low 4 0-60) and rebadged. Free.

They can do it. They don't want to do it it seems. My saving grace was it was part of my purchase discussion.

Who did you complain to? Feel free to PM if you'd rather not share publicly. Trying to figure out who I should ask about this. Just bought my 60D last month too.

Who did you complain to? Feel free to PM if you'd rather not share publicly. Trying to figure out who I should ask about this. Just bought my 60D last month too.
Everyone. Sales team I emailed with during selection and delivery. Sales. Some customer feedback form on the main Tesla page. In service app. It was unclear what eventually worked as nobody replied. Just got update over the air a few hrs later.