Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big advantage of the 60D is that you can charge it to full trip-range every time.... rather than 80-90% (since you effectively have 75Kw capacity). So that means that you have the full 200 mile range available with every charge. Also, it will charge more quickly to full charge since you are never pushing it to the maximum of battery capacity where charge time starts to get really slow. I think the 60D is a fantastic option... way to go Tesla!

In our experience we pretty much get exactly the range that the MX displays on the screen. The only time it is lower is when there is a strong headwind or a big elevation gain. Our 90D MX displays 260 miles of range and we get 260 miles of range. I would expect the 60D to get the full 200 miles of range as well.

The big advantage of the 60D is that you can charge it to full trip-range every time.... rather than 80-90% (since you effectively have 75Kw capacity). So that means that you have the full 200 mile range available with every charge. Also, it will charge more quickly to full charge since you are never pushing it to the maximum of battery capacity where charge time starts to get really slow. I think the 60D is a fantastic option... way to go Tesla!

In our experience we pretty much get exactly the range that the MX displays on the screen. The only time it is lower is when there is a strong headwind or a big elevation gain. Our 90D MX displays 260 miles of range and we get 260 miles of range. I would expect the 60D to get the full 200 miles of range as well.

Ho do you know it will work that way. I haven't seen a technical explanation of how the battery capacity will be derated.

I heard from the SeC that this is NOT the case, because although a 75kWh battery is installed, the software will limit it to 60kWh and this is what the Supercharger will "see". So 80% charging on a 60D will charge up to 48kWh and NOT to 60kWh because of really being a 75kWh battery.

I heard from the SeC that this is NOT the case, because although a 75kWh battery is installed, the software will limit it to 60kWh and this is what the Supercharger will "see". So 80% charging on a 60D will charge up to 48kWh and NOT to 60kWh because of really being a 75kWh battery.
But charging a software-limited 60 to 100% will give you 60kWh without concern about repeated range charges. This just happens to be 80% of a 75kWh pack, which is where most would routinely charge to anyway.

Don't know if a Supercharger would (unnecessarily) slow down for the last part of a 100% charge, however, and real world experience will tell the definitive tale. Unfortunately you can get differing information from different Service Centers.

Another facelift S with 60 battery posted he supercharged to 100% and when stopping it was still delivering over 100 amps.

So fair to conclude they have taken away capacity in top and that battery in every respect behaves like a 75 except you cant use it all

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I tried calling them to downgrade and it is a no go since my vehicle is already in production. I basically would have to cancel my order, lose my 5k deposit and reorder for that to happen. Frustrating.....
According to my DS, downgrading to the 60 will likely delay my confirmed, but not produced order further beyond the current estimated September / early october delivery, so I guess I'm staying put with my 75D. I probably would lose some of the benefit I got from the free upgrade from 70D to 75D as well.