Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome for me. I've already reached out to my DS about downgrading my X order from 75D (fka 70D) to 60.

When they announced this on the Model S, no downgrades were allowed. Even if you paid the $500 change fee described in the reservation deposit contract, they would not do the few keystrokes necessary to change the software limit. My delivery is in November and that didn't matter.

Quite self-serving that Tesla can pick and choose what things they allow you to change when there is no impact on production or parts changes. I think a brand-damaging greed grab.

I got an X today for several hours and loved it. They gave me a PX but they where able to switch the performance between a 70 and 90 which was awesome. There was a noticeable difference from the P to a standard 90 but not but from a 90 to 70. Now I just need to sell my. Model S so I can afford it lol.

Reactions: MichealW and e-FTW
Maybe I'll sneak it in before the confirmation... is it really that bad? I read that the standard system is on par with the premium sound on Model S (forgot where's the thread).

I have had 8 Model S's and would never own one with out it, but remember everyone is different. I would go to your local store or service center and see if you can listen to both. I really did not want to spend the extra $2500 but in the long run it will be worth it.

Reactions: MichealW
I have had 8 Model S's and would never own one with out it, but remember everyone is different. I would go to your local store or service center and see if you can listen to both. I really did not want to spend the extra $2500 but in the long run it will be worth it.

I really love music and I will tell you the sound system is 100% worth it. I sat in a model X up at a stereo store in Hollywood (the owner had one) He was excitied for me to hear his system he put together for the X. It wasn't better! Guess how much the upgrade for the system was at the store $9,500! I didn't have the heart to tell the guy mine I got from Tesla (for my X) was way better. I also have driven an S without the upgrade as a loaner. I missed my stereo till the day i got my car back. If you love music get the upgrade. If you really don't care and you listen to talk radio and quiet music save the money but remember when you sell it outright (if you do) that one of the first questions will be "Did you get the stereo upgrade?". Its a deal breaker for many... I sold my last car easily to a guy would not have bought it otherwise.

Reactions: Super_Popular
Maybe I'll sneak it in before the confirmation... is it really that bad? I read that the standard system is on par with the premium sound on Model S (forgot where's the thread).

I got the standard sound system and it is the best sound system I have ever heard... I love it! I can't imagine how you could make it better, but I have not experienced the upgraded version. Perhaps the upgrade is better in the middle and back rows, but I never sit back there so who cares :D

I also ordered my 60D yesterday! Below is a copy of my current build. I'm definitely open to suggestions from more experienced Tesla owners since the majority of what I know has come from YouTube in the last 48 hours. Congratulations to everyone else and God Bless!
image.jpg