Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60kW Pack Supercharge from 0 to 90% Shows Maximum 105kW Rate and Charge Curve

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh, I see. Yah, my numbers in general are all over the place. It really is temperature related. Charge a cold pack to 100% and maybe get 190 miles rated range.
When I supercharged at Highland Park grand opening, the pack was HOT from driving on the freeway from Milwaukee, Wi to Highland Park, Il, and then the process of supercharging kept it warmer, so that was my first real range charge with a nice toasty warm pack in a while, so we did a range charge and my mileage came out fairly decent. Up until recently, I had never supercharged at all, and the process of charging on a 14-50 outlet doesn't create enough heat in the pack when it's zero degrees out, so the car apparently compensates for that.

So had nothing to do with your pack being out of balance? Why did Tesla have you do all of those range charges in a short period of time? Or am I misremembering?

Last edited:
So had nothing to do with your pack being out of balance? Why did Tesla have you do all of those range charges in a short period of time? Or am I misremembering?
They didn't have me range charge repeatly, but did have me do one. I have been doing a number of range charges, as with the cold my range at 90% soc has been low enough with the cold that I have been coming way to close way too many times for my daily drives. list enough due to cold and the additional heating that 8 out of 10 days I cut it really close. Montgom has calculated his experiences out to a automatic 30% loss on his p85 due to cold, I think I'm slightly higher then that.

Last edited: