TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

60Kwh Battery and Drive Unit Warranty...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lpotter86, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Lpotter86

Lpotter86 Member

So I am sitting letting the car charge and going through the new owners manuel that came with the 7.0 update.

Under the warranty section there is nothing about the 60 only having 125k covrage. It just states:

" your vehicle's battery and drive unit are covered under this battery and drive unit limited warranty for a period of 8 years unlimited miles/km"

What do ya think? Are the 60's unlimited now?

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

That would be a nice gesture on Tesla's part. Especially since many of us will blast through 125K in about 5-6 years.

3. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

I'm going to take a picture of the warranty information on my S60. And use the picture if I need it in the future. :)

4. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

That would be nice. I know islandbayy (Kman) would be very pleased. I don't know if I would drive 125k miles before hitting 8 years or even if I'll keep the car that long (may or may not trade for Model 3), but it would eliminate any concern I may have with it and make it easier to explain to anyone asking about the warranty.

5. Lpotter86

Lpotter86 Member

I could be wrong but I think Kman got an 85kwh upgrade. A few of his videos show his car (not a loaner) close to full charge and showing 250ish miles.

6. Lpotter86

Lpotter86 Member

Already got it saved on my phone, lol.

7. jlk

jlk Member

Thanks! Saved on my phone :)

- - - Updated - - -

And what's interesting is that they got my CPO 4-year/50k warranty correct a couple of sections above the battery/drive train warranty.

8. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

Cool, now I don't feel so bad about not having tire pressure sensor numbers:wink: