TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

60kwh performance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iridium, Oct 5, 2012.

1. iridium

iridium Member

Seems like many people, myself included, are picking the 60kwh pack. While considering this today I was thinking that everything we have seen has been the larger pack. Every test drive, every independent review. Is anyone concerned the 60 might not meet the numbers they are providing (acceleration and range). Yes, I'm being paranoid.

2. Zextraterrestrial

No. It could be even better too, think about that

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I have no reason to doubt TM on this topic as they have proven, by 3rd unbiased parties, to be conservative with their performance numbers so far.

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

I think MikeK at R 129 is our lowest 60 kWh (atleast on this forum); unless he gets batched way behind other Rs who are getting the 85, he should be getting his car sometime in November so, Tesla would have to publish the EPA ratings and other specs for the 60 in the next 3-4 weeks. I'm eagerly looking forward to them!

5. Sousaphil

Sousaphil P2,595

I spoke with a former Tesla employee about this. He said the numbers quoted for the 60 kWh were very conservative, and it would be mostly similar to the 85 kWh non-performance.

6. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

This will upset some people who saw the additional performance as a reason to get the non-perf 85 over the 60. Hopefully the non-perf's numbers are a little conservative too...

7. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

I changed my configuration to 85kWh, actually. The Supercharger announcement made me decide that I wanted more range to make longer trips more effortless.