TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

60KWh to 75KWh Software Upgrade Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Reeler, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV

The configuration tool to buy a new Model S doesn't show a way to upgrade your S60 model to a S75 anymore. Did they start making 60KWh battery packs? What will happen with those folks that ordered a S60 expecting to upgrade capacity later to 75KWh?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

If by "configuration tool to buy a new Model S" you mean the Tesla Motors Model S Order page at Order your Tesla Model S | Tesla Motors it shows all the battery choices you can select, 60, 75, and 90. So yes they are "making 60kWh battery packs".

That page is for ordering a new S. If you buy a 60 and later you want to have Tesla unlock the extra battery capacity to a 75 they will do that.

Perhaps I don't understand your question.

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I think the question is: where does it say that?

It used to say that when the 60 and 75 were grouped together, now they're not grouped.

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I asked that question at the SC in Atlanta this weekend and they said that you can still upgrade the 60 to a 75 later.

5. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I just called the Tesla sales number (888)518-3752 and they confirmed that you still can upgrade the 60 to 75 at a later date.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. CapeOne

CapeOne Member

The new 60 is still upgradeable to the 75. The change to the design page was really more about 'marketing' than anything else. If you want to read additional posts on this topic, go to 60 vs 75 options changed

• Informative x 1