TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

#690 - Yellow - Redmond, WA [ No longer for sale ]

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by TEG, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Chad's Model S should be delivered on Saturday. I saw this car in person, it's beautiful.

3. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Gorgeous color though!

4. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

yes indeed

5. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Hi TEG. Yeah, the plan from the start was to drive the Roadster until the Model S was available (in fact buying the Roadster was just to help keep Tesla solvent so they could build the Model S). Although frankly I have become fond of the Roadster, and would enjoy keeping it. And probably will.

So this is a "covering my bases" scenario. In addition to the Roadster, I have a RAV4-EV and a PHEV Prius that my son is leasing; the Model S just makes too many cars so I have to sell something. My RAV4-EV is also for sale, and I suspect that is the one that will go but I put the Roadster up for sale in case I have trouble finding a buyer for the RAV4-EV. Most people in Seattle don't know Toyota ever made an electric car, so they aren't exactly looking for one to buy...

The RAV4 is no where near as fun as the Roadster, but I work from home and most of our driving will be in the Model S. Plus I still really enjoy driving the RAV4, so I'll be OK (sigh) if it's the Roadster that sells. A bonus will be having an old EV around for people that ask about reliability. And having a non-Tesla around for people that ask about maintenance costs. :eek: Man, I wish I could just keep one of everything.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It's funny for me to see Roadsters in another color and think "That looks awesome. I should have gotten that".

Hopefully you'll find a way to keep it around.

7. Rgauthier

Rgauthier New Member

Is this Tesla still for sale?

I'm in the Portland, OR area and looking for a raodster. Is this one still for sale?
    Thanks,
    Ray

8. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Sorry, I sold the RAV4-EV, so the Roadster is no longer for sale.

9. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Glad you get to keep your Roadster Chad!