Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$6K EAP to FSD pricing, options, resale, and prognostications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before the return of EAP to the U.S., FSD was $12K to buy with the car, $12K to buy after delivery, or $200/month after delivery. If one had EAP from before, FSD can be had for $100/month.

Now that EAP has returned for $6K--
1) Can it be subscribed for $100/month? (I don't see it on Tesla's site, but don't know about the app, as I am still waiting...)

2) If one buys the $6K EAP, can one later buy FSD for another $6K?

3) If one buys the $6K EAP, can one later subscribe to FSD for $100/month?

4) What is the general price premium when private party selling a used Tesla with FSD or EAP? (To someone who actually wants it.)

5) Any guess as to if/when FSD price will go up? I presume the subscription will go with it accordingly?

6) With just recent observations, Tesla does not announce price increases on cars, they just increase it. For those who have seen the FSD price increase history, is it the same for FSD?

Thanks.

#1 - no EAP subscription currently offered, as with all things Tesla, a tweet could change this.

#2 - If you purchase EAP and choose to upgrade to FSD, you just pay the difference, which is currently $6,000.

#3 - (do you mean subscribe for $199, because Tesla isnt going to pro-rate the subscription price because you have EAP?). You could subscribe to FSD if you have EAP, but it doesn't seem like money well spent at this time since all you would gain with the FSD subscription is stop sign/traffic light awareness. Autosteer on city streets is part of FSD beta and not automatically made available to you with a FSD subscription. You have to be admitted into the beta program.

#4 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5 - The price goes up when Elon decides the price goes up. When the price went from $10k to $12k, the subscription price did not change. It remained $199.

#6 - In the past, Tesla has always given a few weeks notice before increasing the price of FSD.

Reactions: snovvman
I'm have 2 guesses why they brought back EAP
1 - 12K was too much and people purchasing it have gone down dramatically. I also think they have a long way to go to get FSD to work.
2 - The competition (see Hyundai Ioniq 5) has the same features as EAP in the base price

Be on the lookout on July 14 where Hyundai will reveal the Ioniq 6 sedan
I just watched this video on Hyundai's ADAS system. Similar to Tesla, keep hands on the wheel, and noticed the visualizations are similar as well, noticed a few cars sliding around their lanes while in other lanes. But overall seems smooth.

#1 - no EAP subscription currently offered, as with all things Tesla, a tweet could change this.

#2 - If you purchase EAP and choose to upgrade to FSD, you just pay the difference, which is currently $6,000.

#3 - (do you mean subscribe for $199, because Tesla isnt going to pro-rate the subscription price because you have EAP?). You could subscribe to FSD if you have EAP, but it doesn't seem like money well spent at this time since all you would gain with the FSD subscription is stop sign/traffic light awareness. Autosteer on city streets is part of FSD beta and not automatically made available to you with a FSD subscription. You have to be admitted into the beta program.

#4 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5 - The price goes up when Elon decides the price goes up. When the price went from $10k to $12k, the subscription price did not change. It remained $199.

#6 - In the past, Tesla has always given a few weeks notice before increasing the price of FSD.
Has someone purchased EAP and seen the price for FSD change to $6K? Is that documented somewhere?

Interesting, this is the first I've heard of the subscription price being prorated if you have EAP. Good to know, thanks!

As far as I know, it's been this way for awhile, described on this page:

EAP has always been a worthwhile investment for us, just for NoA. Bought it with our January 2017 MS before AP worked. Our commute is 70% highway and we find it very relaxing. We still are very careful but we know situations it doesn’t like and we are rarely surprised (local or vacation). I finally got into FSD Beta on my M3. While I have been in other Tesla beta over the years, FSD is more in the Alpha state. I definitely would not sign up via subscription at this point, mainly due to the process to maybe get in. It has good and bad days on my same loop. I almost had an accident. Now I don’t allow it to make turns when other cars are around. I’m worried about getting pulled over because it sometimes acts like a drunk driver making turns. Still happy to test, just more careful than when I taught my kids how to drive.

Reactions: thegreenguy