Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6mm spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

The Model S has a center bore that is 64.1mm and my rims are 72.6mm. I already have hub rings that converts from 72.6 to 64.1mm, but I need to use 6mm spacers on the rear of my Model S in order for my rims to fit. What size should the "hole" in the spacers be, what type of spacers and any tips on where to buy them?

05YwWSF.png

Thanks!

Your photo has all correct info on it as it seems to be universal model but is it worth to get them from down under? I believe you can find them closer to your country. My concern is on the thickness of your selected spacers. If I’m correct this (item on the photo) 6mm will move the rim outward from hub bore and the rim will have no contact in the centre. You will get slight vibration on the wheel if there is no contact on the centre of hub. So do you really need that distance for your new rims? There are also different type of spacers.

Your photo has all correct info on it as it seems to be universal model but is it worth to get them from down under? I believe you can find them closer to your country. My concern is on the thickness of your selected spacers. If I’m correct this (item on the photo) 6mm will move the rim outward from hub bore and the rim will have no contact in the centre. You will get slight vibration on the wheel if there is no contact on the centre of hub. So do you really need that distance for your new rims? There are also different type of spacers.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I can't find anything close to me. I have no issues ordering from far away if they are the correct spacers. I understand what you're saying, but I'm having trouble finding spacers that extends the centre of the hub. This seems more common on 10mm+. I found these:

and the description says "Hub Centric: Will Not Vibrate At High Speeds"

Hmmm..

I don't know how much I'd trust the stock lugs to have adequate threat engagement beyond 6mm. Most bolt on style spacers which I'd trust more don't typically start below 15mm and that would prob be too aggressive for your wheel specs.

If you're getting spacers, make sure they're 5x120, hubcentric, and have a 64.1mm centerbore. You'll also need to know the centerbore of your wheels (you can measure with a caliper).

I'd order them from motorsport-tech.com - they are experts with spacers, and know how to properly validate the specs.

Definitely would, but $200 shipping (excluding import fees) is a little hefty

Definitely would, but $200 shipping (excluding import fees) is a little hefty

It'll be a lot more expensive to replace your car after your cheap spacers cause your wheel to rip your lugs off. The lugs are not meant to support the sheer forces of supporting the wheel and the entire car, they're just supposed to provide tensile strength to pull the wheel against the hub while the centering rings support the load.

It'll be a lot more expensive to replace your car after your cheap spacers cause your wheel to rip your lugs off. The lugs are not meant to support the sheer forces of supporting the wheel and the entire car, they're just supposed to provide tensile strength to pull the wheel against the hub while the centering rings support the load.
Motorsport is not the only brand in the world making proper quality spacers...