Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6th Annual Sound of Silence Rally - Custer SD - May 17-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Half Dollar Bill

Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper
Oct 19, 2013
Freeport Maine
http://www.visitcuster.com/6th-Annual-Sound-of-Silence-Tesla-Rally

This is rapidly becoming THE meet-up for any Tesla owner to attend. Long-time road-trippers and new owners all have fun. It's all the easier now that Custer has their own supercharger. The town hospitality is still a wonderful thing because most of the lodging establishments have destination chargers. The attendance pins are also a nice piece of swag.

Register early to get the prime hotel spots.

Many owners like to caravan to the event so if you're thinking of attending it's worth reaching out to your local club to see if others want to join you.

I've attended, so you can PM me with questions or leave them here.

Registered and hotel room booked at the Bavarian Inn. I found the staff at the Inn to be most helpful and welcoming. They even accept pets, which is excellent since we'll be traveling with our Shiba Inu.

I'm looking forward to making the trip this year.

Reactions: Darren S
I just registered and booked the Bavarian Inn also.
If anybody is interested in joining me, I'll be arriving in the US on May 11 and will start my drive from Miami, FL to Custer sometime that day.

For me it will be my first time to South Dakota, thus finally completing 50 US States. I'm excited to be attending this one. Of course I hope the Wall Supercharger will be in service by then.

PM me if you're interested in joining me.

I just registered and booked the Bavarian Inn also.
If anybody is interested in joining me, I'll be arriving in the US on May 11 and will start my drive from Miami, FL to Custer sometime that day.

For me it will be my first time to South Dakota, thus finally completing 50 US States. I'm excited to be attending this one. Of course I hope the Wall Supercharger will be in service by then.

PM me if you're interested in joining me.
How the heck did you hit ND and not SD? :D See you in Custer!

Made our reservation Feb. 02 and looking forward to our 5th meet BUT now it all hinges if my P85D gets repaired in time from yesterday's crash. Details here: Accident 2019

I trust that everyone came out of it safely. Horrible accident - see how the estimates come out on it. I know when mine got hit, it was written off, although your damage doesn't look as severe at first blush. If it does qualify for repairs, find the person in charge to target in Tesla and keep on them given they're supposed to have reps to oversee part orders and such.

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe
Registered and hotel room booked at the Bavarian Inn. I found the staff at the Inn to be most helpful and welcoming. They even accept pets, which is excellent since we'll be traveling with our Shiba Inu.

I'm looking forward to making the trip this year.

I'll be attending (for my 2nd one) and ALSO staying at the Bavarian Inn, @Big Earl. Looking forward to catching up with folks from the forum again.

Reactions: Big Earl
Made our reservation Feb. 02 and looking forward to our 5th meet BUT now it all hinges if my P85D gets repaired in time from yesterday's crash. Details here: Accident 2019

Sorry to hear about the accident, @mrElbe. I had a very similar incident to yours (mine happened 5 weeks in to ownership -- ugh). In my case, the other driver failed to yield to the right of way and turned into me. Mine took 2 months from start to finish but it took a full month for the estimates to happen and parts to arrive and another full month for repairs. Hopefully things are better organized now and you'll have it just in time for the trip. Kudos to the Tesla-approved body shop for the repairs.

upload_2019-4-10_15-31-18.png

upload_2019-4-10_15-31-26.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mrElbe
I'll be coming this year with my new model 3, will have under 1000 miles still when I get there! Sounds like the Bavarian hotel is popular? Never been down there so I'll have to do some hotel research before booking and get registered today. Coming down from Dickinson, ND.

Reactions: Big Earl
I'll be coming this year with my new model 3, will have under 1000 miles still when I get there! Sounds like the Bavarian hotel is popular? Never been down there so I'll have to do some hotel research before booking and get registered today. Coming down from Dickinson, ND.
The original epicenter of the event was the Holiday Inn and that’s been selling out in recent years. There’s a Super 8 next door that takes dogs. One guy owns a bunch of the hotel options. There’s a nice campground on the outskirts of town if car camping is preferred. Bavarian Inn is nice but I think has changed owners a couple times—the restaurant there has at least. It’s a little off the beaten path, but everything (I can think of) is a short drive from downtown except for The Rocket, which is where Elon ended up when he ran out of charge one fateful, stormy night. He should have taken me up on my offer—I’d left him a note on the Cheyenne supercharger offering navigation assistance in wintry Wyoming, which was his downfall:)