Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6th Annual Sound of Silence Rally - Custer SD - May 17-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The campground in Custer had pretty decent facilities. I carry several water jugs for the dog’s hydration, so there is usually an empty emergency vessel in case of a micturation crisis. Have never resorted to using one, though like most who drive long distances, there are often times when conventional facilities are not available.

Only a physician would use the word micturation. (Or my late mom, who was a Navy nurse in WWII.)

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB
I've had my hotel for months already...so I'm one of those @Randy Spencer

But I haven't registered yet...I think I actually registered in town last year. I think it cost a little bit more...but they were happy to take my money. Gotta remember again this year to pack the lanyard from previous trips. I don't need to buy another one of those.

Last year I won the honor of "most meandering" route to get to Custer, SD. I actually split the prize with the lady from Florida...seemed fair. She did drive further directly from home to get there...but I went to Custer by first going from Michigan to Minneapolis, then to San Diego...by way of Pikes Peak, Albuquerque, Four Corners and the Grand Canyon. Then of course I had to drive all over Utah, then to Colorado (again) and finally came in to SD from Wyoming. So...yeah, it was about 7000 miles before I actually got there. Just in case anyone wants to know where the bar is set.

Not saying I'm doing the same thing this year...but not saying that I'm not either. :)

I've had my hotel for months already...so I'm one of those @Randy Spencer

But I haven't registered yet...I think I actually registered in town last year. I think it cost a little bit more...but they were happy to take my money. Gotta remember again this year to pack the lanyard from previous trips. I don't need to buy another one of those.

Last year I won the honor of "most meandering" route to get to Custer, SD. I actually split the prize with the lady from Florida...seemed fair. She did drive further directly from home to get there...but I went to Custer by first going from Michigan to Minneapolis, then to San Diego...by way of Pikes Peak, Albuquerque, Four Corners and the Grand Canyon. Then of course I had to drive all over Utah, then to Colorado (again) and finally came in to SD from Wyoming. So...yeah, it was about 7000 miles before I actually got there. Just in case anyone wants to know where the bar is set.

Not saying I'm doing the same thing this year...but not saying that I'm not either. :)

Most of my meandering will happen after Custer this year. Planning to visit family in Washington State, then come back across North Dakota if the Superchargers are open. Total trip will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,500 - 7,000 miles.

Reactions: BM3B and IT Geek
Oh, some of us will be meandering alright, tooling around the superchargers waiting to charge twice as long due to the reduced speeds. I was seriously considering not going this year for this reason.

I didn’t run into too many issues last year. Murdo, Mitchell and Rapid City, SD were slow due to high volume and a limited number of stalls, but that was about it. I didn’t even have to wait long in Custer.