Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.0 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey thanks for taking the time to share this. Can you please tell us if you had your car connected to wifi or via the 3G connection when you got the update?

Wi-fi. But I really don't think that makes any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you point your car towards California for faster downloads.

My car was pointed towards Antarctica :)

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though, I have a feeling this rollout is going to take a long time.

Elon Musk @elonmusk 2h2 hours ago Autopilot release to Europe and Asia pending regulatory approval. Hopefully get the ok in the next few weeks.

It looks like they may only be updating cars without autopilot......

Has anybody in Australia with Auto pilot been given 7.0?
Asia (or Europe for that matter) is not one legal jurisdiction, this could take years!

No, that is when Elons deadline for distribution runs out. He said the rollout to the fleet should take 5 days from the start of rollout.
Actually looking back he said rollout to the US fleet would take 5 days, and that v7 was being released for international distribution. So I'm guessing he got back to the office and was told 5 days to roll out to everyone is impossible, so they are just sending to US cars to give him some timing credibility, but enough 'other' cars so we think we are being treated well. If we see a massive influx in australian downloads mid to late this week then my hunch that we are being treated poorly will be correct. Hope I'm wrong, as this is not how a company with international intentions should work. It's just odd that 1 week old US cars already have V7.