Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.0 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the time and temp applies to the latest build. They have it in Europe too. The clock app is a waste of space since it is just that, a clock. Nothing else. My guess is the USA will also revert at the next update.

In other news, I have just written to service help asking that tire pressures be displayed in Kpa as per the sticker on the door jamb, and which is the convention for tyre pressures as per my mechanical engineer daughter. Suggest as many as possible write in as numbers have more clout.

kPa is technically correct as the accepted SI units for pressure (even the tyre placard lists kPa and Psi but not bar), but my mind thinks in Psi for tyre pressures. It's easy enough to do a quick conversion from bar to kPa (just multiply by 100) but that means nothing to me. I can't multiply bar by 14.5 in my head to get Psi though, although I guess with autopilot on I could pull out a calculator and do the sums.

***Moderators Note****
Now that 7.0 has rolled out I believe that the vast majority of promised functionality on Model S have been delivered.
It seems that a number of forum members have chosen this thread to express their displeasure about the delays, Tesla communication and Elon Musk in particular.
I have been as generous as possible to allow people to express their opinions, perhaps too generous, as I am now receiving feedback requesting some moderation input.
So those people who have felt the need to express their concerns, you can now assume that your concerns, some legitimate, have been heard and it's now time to stick to discussion about 7.0 only.
As a result I will be moving future negative feedback to snippiness without further notice.
For this and all threads on this forum we need to stay civil to each other and avoid turning threads into boring sequences of negative rants.
Removes Moderator hat.

the time and temp applies to the latest build. They have it in Europe too. The clock app is a waste of space since it is just that, a clock. Nothing else. My guess is the USA will also revert at the next update.

In other news, I have just written to service help asking that tire pressures be displayed in Kpa as per the sticker on the door jamb, and which is the convention for tyre pressures as per my mechanical engineer daughter. Suggest as many as possible write in as numbers have more clout.
Agree with you on that. I'll write in.

***Moderators Note****
Now that 7.0 has rolled out I believe that the vast majority of promised functionality on Model S have been delivered.
It seems that a number of forum members have chosen this thread to express their displeasure about the delays, Tesla communication and Elon Musk in particular.
I have been as generous as possible to allow people to express their opinions, perhaps too generous, as I am now receiving feedback requesting some moderation input.
So those people who have felt the need to express their concerns, you can now assume that your concerns, some legitimate, have been heard and it's now time to stick to discussion about 7.0 only.
As a result I will be moving future negative feedback to snippiness without further notice.
For this and all threads on this forum we need to stay civil to each other and avoid turning threads into boring sequences of negative rants.
Removes Moderator hat.
Aw - come on. we weren't that bad; were we?

***Moderators Note****
Removes Moderator hat.
Thanks meloccom. I think it's good for tesla to see what makes it's clients happy and indeed unhappy, so thanks for letting that flow freely.
Also still waiting for the promised self parking in the garage, so not quite done yet.

Having challenged V7.0 All afternoon/tonight I gotta say I am impressed.
Only when I got into the goat tracks in the Mt Dandenong Hills( near home) did it repeatedly disengage.
Interestingly I have had 3 collision false alarms in single carriage ways with no objects or cars near by traveling in a straight line 2Kms below Speed limit of 80.
Bit of shock as in nose dives while is heightened state of caution while testing V7.0.
Nonetheless we at the cutting edge of testing the very best technology there is to date- we should be saying WOW! and how can we contribute to making it better?
We mutually are not just primitive car owners we have the privilege to shape the next generation of transport that hopefully will save laves and prevent injury through car crashes. I for one look forward to seeing how good it can be as survivor of a near fatal car accident many years ago.
Well done Meloccom.

Besides all the excitement of auto steer, new displays and fancy clocks, has anyone noticed any difference in the climate control?
Fan sems a lot louder in the car on the highest setting, so must be running higher. Also seems to be a lot more mechanical noise from outside the car even on lower settings, potentially some mild vibration from it.
Might be imagining it, but the premium sound system seems a lot better as well. I read somewhere that it was being tweaked.

Besides all the excitement of auto steer, new displays and fancy clocks, has anyone noticed any difference in the climate control?

Yes, the aircon seems massively improved to me, to the point that I've bumped up the temperature a couple of degrees. Good day in Melbourne to test it out too and it worked really well. I had the car parked in the sun for a while, interior temp showing as 34. Turned on the hvac remotely and within 5 minutes it was at the set point of 23.

It certainly is a bit noisier. I guess that means it is working harder. It may be cooling more than I am used to...

What I am now unsure about is what figure to use regarding my consumption. If you look at the trips widget, you get a consumption figure for your trip since you started out after having been in park. But, if you look at the energy graph widget, you often get a very different figure based on your setting of 50, 25, or 10 km. If your current trip is say 25 km long and the energy graph is set to 25 km, should these figures not be the same? It seems not. So, which one do you use to determine your driving efficiency?

Last edited:
The other thing I noticed when upgrading is that my range (typical, just at the SoC it happened to be at the time) went from 229km on 6.2 to 245km on 7.0. If that's a result of the efficiency changes they've made (plus perhaps the increased regen on the 60) then I'm impressed. That's about a 7% gain, more than you get with an 85 to 90 upgrade. Assuming of course this isn't a temporary glitch that will recalibrate.

is it just me or do others with a p85d agree that it seems to make less noise, particularly under acceleration, after this update. Seemed that way to me today and I wonder if there has been a tweak to the power delivery logic particularly for the front motor?

Or am I imagining things?

Didn't notice any difference with regards to noise under acceleration but to test your theory I believe it's wise that I go for another 200km drive.

1 bar = 100 kPa. Easy to convert mentally.

Aw - come on. we weren't that bad; were we?

Nothing to see here, just a bunch of Aussies (mostly) having a yarn and a rant around the barbie. Imagine what'd happen if we starting talking about footy. :biggrin:

And to show I can do on topic...I've scheduled my 7.0 update for overnight tonight (was worried I wasn't going to get it for a while since my internet has been flaky the last few days) and planned some long distance driving for the weekend. Gotta train those maps!

Nothing to see here, just a bunch of Aussies (mostly) having a yarn and a rant around the barbie. Imagine what'd happen if we starting talking about footy. :biggrin:

And to show I can do on topic...I've scheduled my 7.0 update for overnight tonight (was worried I wasn't going to get it for a while since my internet has been flaky the last few days) and planned some long distance driving for the weekend. Gotta train those maps!

Guys, I applied my 7.0 update to my car... Was slightly scared as it took well over an hour... Given it was my first update and my second actual driving day - lets just say my fingers were crossed.

It was unbelievable... Driving up to Kilmore to visit my parents with auto-steering kicking in along the Hume, it was flawless. I must admit exiting the Hume Highway was a tad scary, it didn't see the "offshoot" so to speak, but taking control was rather easy. Got to say the sensors did a pretty good job. If this is v1.0 I can't wait to see what v2.0 or above will be.

I haven't had my car anywhere near as long as some others on this thread, but working in IT myself, timelines for IT projects always move, so I will start with that mindset from the beginning and just look forward to "project .next"

Guys, I applied my 7.0 update to my car... Was slightly scared as it took well over an hour... Given it was my first update and my second actual driving day - lets just say my fingers were crossed.

It was unbelievable... Driving up to Kilmore to visit my parents with auto-steering kicking in along the Hume, it was flawless. I must admit exiting the Hume Highway was a tad scary, it didn't see the "offshoot" so to speak, but taking control was rather easy. Got to say the sensors did a pretty good job. If this is v1.0 I can't wait to see what v2.0 or above will be.

I haven't had my car anywhere near as long as some others on this thread, but working in IT myself, timelines for IT projects always move, so I will start with that mindset from the beginning and just look forward to "project .next"
I don't think AP will do freeway exits. It's not intended for that....yet.

I don't think AP will do freeway exits. It's not intended for that....yet.

One other thing I found that was interesting was heading along the Northern Highway as I exited Wallan heading towards Kilmore. The sweeping wide lanes where It goes from 2 lanes and the "middle line" disappears and goes to one lane "soon" was interesting, the car drifted left quite a lot, then realised (I think) that it was too far left from the right side of the lane so quickly adjusted, perhaps too abruptly... but all in all, quickly re-centred as the lane became more normally sized/spaced.

I got v7.0 (2.7.77) this morning and it's amazing. Feels like driving the future. It worked really well on a regional road, on the freeway and tollways. I haven't had a chance to drive it much in the city yet. It's so amazing to have the car drive for you, and starts to feel quite normal. You need to stay alert though, because other drivers can still be unpredictable. Also, if the lane markings are disrupted or unclear, the car is going to tell you to take the wheel, or possibly misinterpret and steer the wrong way! Makes for an occasional exciting moment.
- I like the new touch screen look and dash look, particularly the colours and shaping of the perimeter sensor maps
- nice to have the lock button more easily accessible
- tyre pressures are great but should be changed to kPa (not Bar) for Australia
- I don't have the latest release notes in myTesla online yet, but hopefully they come soon because I don't want to have to go to the car to read them!
All up, it's amazing and will even get better from here.

In the last week with v7 I have found the air conditioning to be much improved. As has been mentioned, amongst other things, I no longer need to set the temp to 2 or 3 degrees below where I really want it. I find it amazing that the air conditioning can be improved by a software update.