Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.0 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find routinely that the car does not see our low medians with the angled sides. So, if you are on the inside lane, it sees the dotted line lane divider and not the median. I continuously have to take over to stop it ploughing into the median. Happened today on Frenchs Forest road and even the Warringah freeway. Mind you, i am mainly using it there to provide data to Tesla. TACC, on the other hand now detects cars cutting in ahead well and reacts smoothly. Still approaches the lights at speed and stops relatively abruptly.
Also, on curves the car does seem to wander quite a bit. Following cars must think i am drunk or something. Quite a bit of smoothing out needs to happen, but hey, it IS Beta after all.

Also, in other news, following my representation, HQ is now actively looking at Homelink for us. I have this from two reliable sources.

I re-engaged with tesla in the US yesterday, and also recieved a positive response (today). I wouldn't say it's a certainty yet though, but now is the time for everyone that want's homelink or a similar concept to let your local tesla people know, and ask them to tell them in freemont.

I re-engaged with tesla in the US yesterday, and also recieved a positive response (today). I wouldn't say it's a certainty yet though, but now is the time for everyone that want's homelink or a similar concept to let your local tesla people know, and ask them to tell them in freemont.
Unfortunately, I can't get *my* Tesla service person to even answer a normal email!

- - - Updated - - -

Sent to James in Melbourne, hope he relays to appropriate people.
I thought James was in Brisbane...

Many thanks, Ray.

All tips are on the forum. Another one to look at is my numbers on a recent BNE->SYD->BNE trip - see http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/50256-Distance-driving-Brisbane-to-Sydney/page4

- - - Updated - - -

AP for me reads 40km speed limit signs around schools, but not that it's only 8.30-9.30am & 3-4pm or whatever the applicable limit is ... That'd take quite some sophistication.

Particularly the 80 limit at road works; mine never sees those; sometimes sees 80 elsewhere and sometimes as 30.

Not much has been said about the improved car hold - though many of us wanted that (Raynewman for example).

Today I noticed a new message in the dash. I took my foot off the break expecting to coast forward down the road a bit and noticed something to the effect, "To release car hold press brake" or something.

I wonder what the precise specs are of that feature.

For medical reasons I'm not allowed to drive my baby for a little while, which is driving me crazy. I finally convinced my chauffeur (wife) this morning to turn on the features on the M2 this morning. TACC worked just fine as always but no blue lines appeared. Can someone confirm please whether I'm correct in thinking that one pull toward you on the stalk turns on TACC and then a second pull turns on autosteer ? (Yes, I do have autopilot enabled in settings). Thanks in advance

Not much has been said about the improved car hold - though many of us wanted that (Raynewman for example).

Today I noticed a new message in the dash. I took my foot off the break expecting to coast forward down the road a bit and noticed something to the effect, "To release car hold press brake" or something.

I wonder what the precise specs are of that feature.
It's magic; it just works. Press the brake til the ((H)) shows then the car stays there til you press brake or accelerator.

For medical reasons I'm not allowed to drive my baby for a little while, which is driving me crazy. I finally convinced my chauffeur (wife) this morning to turn on the features on the M2 this morning. TACC worked just fine as always but no blue lines appeared. Can someone confirm please whether I'm correct in thinking that one pull toward you on the stalk turns on TACC and then a second pull turns on autosteer ? (Yes, I do have autopilot enabled in settings). Thanks in advance

Hope you get back to your baby soon! To turn on autosteer, the manual says you need pull twice in quick succession. Still just once initially to turn on TACC.