Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 and no Summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, as I've learned reading various posts here... I have a unicorn. A 2014 P85 with Autopilot, but... I got the 7.1 update and have the new homeland features, but no Summon.

Is there a setting I need to enable, or is there something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Read the release notes that came with the update:

"Before you can use Summon, you must enable it via the SUMMON setting in Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance > AUTOPILOT."

Also, read the release notes. They help to keep you from crashing your car or killing people.

In conclusion, read the release notes. :). If you've already enabled it and still don't have it, or if you don't see the option, then contact your service center. Perhaps an incorrect build got pushed to your car.

Version on the car is 7.2.9.154
I don't have any SUMMON setting in Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance. Nothing on the page.
I do have Autopilot feature, Car does Auto Parallel Park... Just no Summon.
I even tried a reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your VIN 57229?

55920 actually...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not quite clear on this bit of advice, could you say it a couple more times?

Seriously though, totally agreed, good stuff in there!

True, I work in IT, so I'm familiar with the typical snakiness, just never though it was all that necessary...

Perhaps you got the Canadian update.......
Summon was not included in any update for Canadian vehicles

Ding, ding, ding!!!

I e-mailed support and they think somehow my car is in Canada.. I assured them it isn't, never has been, but I think it's slightly more complicated than that. (I would think they could just look at where the car is and review the log of where is has been and then give me the update, but I guess I have over-simplified how things work <g>)...

Will keep you updated as I hear more in case it's beneficial to others.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

I e-mailed support and they think somehow my car is in Canada.. I assured them it isn't, never has been, but I think it's slightly more complicated than that. (I would think they could just look at where the car is and review the log of where is has been and then give me the update, but I guess I have over-simplified how things work <g>)...

Welcome to Canada. We don't always get the updates, but we are very polite about it.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

It's not even about where it is, it's about where it was first sold, if it was initially delivered to a US address, they should give you US updates. I'm guessing this means your daytime running lights also don't have an off switch?