Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really really want this...

qz.com/610773/video-now-you-can-summon-a-tesla-using-your-apple-watch/

C'mon guys... Lots of smart people on this forum... How do we petition Tesla to switch on Summons in Australia?

I mean let's face it, none of us reckon it is a legal issue right? But say Tesla thinks it is. Do we generously give them a QC's opinion? There has got to be something to unlock this stalemate.

I really really want this...

qz.com/610773/video-now-you-can-summon-a-tesla-using-your-apple-watch/

C'mon guys... Lots of smart people on this forum... How do we petition Tesla to switch on Summons in Australia?

I mean let's face it, none of us reckon it is a legal issue right? But say Tesla thinks it is. Do we generously give them a QC's opinion? There has got to be something to unlock this stalemate.
I think we just have to give tesla 6 months and assume they are trying hard. After that there becomes the small issue of the written sales material not being delivered, and all car makers know what that means in Australia. I'm really hoping it's resolved sooner than that.

Ok, don't laugh but I have been using the new 7.1 feature where you pull on the stick to activate TACC at the detected speed limit. This is great when there is just one speed limit but in most cases you'll get 70 , then 80, then 100 or 110. I would activate it at 70 or 80 but then when the speed went higher or lower pulling back on the stick did nothing or it would reactivate TACC to the previously set speed. Then when you want to slow down to a lower speed the only answer wast to cancel TACC and reactivate when you were at the lower speed. It's not a double pull as that's Autopilot, tried double up and double down, double push forward, but nothing. Then I had to drive to Canberra on Thursday evening for work and I had plenty of time to work it out.
So the answer is pull and hold will set TACC to the currently detected Speed Limit and override the currently set speed. Thus revolutionised the return journey from Canberra as there are lots of speed limit changes. The only limitation is when slowing you have to go past the speed sign, wait for it to be detected then pull and hold to set the lower speed so I would cancel just before the sign let the car slow, and pull and hold if the speed was detected. Speaking of speed detection the car still seems to have trouble detecting 80 more than any other speed limit.

Last edited:
Ok, don't laugh but I have been using the new 7.1 feature where you pull on the stick to activate TACC at the detected speed limit. This is great when there is just one speed limit but in most cases you'll get 70 , then 80, then 100 or 110. I would activate it at 70 or 80 but then when the speed went higher or lower pulling back on the stick did nothing or it would reactivate TACC to the previously set speed. Then when you want to slow down to a lower speed the only answer wast to cancel TACC and reactivate when you were at the lower speed. It's not a double pull as that's Autopilot, tried double up and double down, double push forward, but nothing. Then I had to drive to Canberra on Thursday evening for work and I had plenty of time to work it out.
So the answer is pull and hold will set TACC to the currently detected Speed Limit and override the currently set speed. Thus revolutionised the return journey from Canberra as there are lots of speed limit changes. The only limitation is when slowing you have to go past the speed sign, wait for it to be detected then pull and hold to set the lower speed so I would cancel just before the sign let the car slow, and pull and hold if the speed was detected. Speaking of speed detection the car still seems to have trouble detecting 80 more than any other speed limit.
Detection of 80 is totally broken!

Hasn't it always worked like that, or am I missing something? It was the same in 6.1 when I got my car.

Ah, so this is how you do it. Pull-and-hold apparently the way to go. Thanks!
And you're right about the many "30" zones the have suddenly appeared in the last few months!!!!

Hi everyone,
I just got an update from 7.1 (2.9.154) to (2.11.54). It took 30 min. It gives all the release notes for Summon Beta, but at the top it says: " Summon is not yet available in Australia due to regulatory restrictions ".

Indeed, the Summon option is not available in settings. The two other minor improvements that come with the update are:
- Spotify playback has been improved in low connectivity areas
- Regenerative braking at low temperatures has been improved

I did hope to get Summon, but it seems we're still waiting for resolution of regulatory restrictions.
It was fun to share the (momentary) excitement with other owners on Slack: thanks people!

Hi everyone,
I just got an update from 7.1 (2.9.154) to (2.11.54). It took 30 min. It gives all the release notes for Summon Beta, but at the top it says: " Summon is not yet available in Australia due to regulatory restrictions ".

Indeed, the Summon option is not available in settings. The two other minor improvements that come with the update are:
- Spotify playback has been improved in low connectivity areas
- Regenerative braking at low temperatures has been improved

I did hope to get Summon, but it seems we're still waiting for resolution of regulatory restrictions.
It was fun to share the (momentary) excitement with other owners on Slack: thanks people!

Hi Kayto,

Is this an update that we can all expect?

Just when you think you've seen everything and the car can't surprise you anymore we went shopping this avo in the new Woolworths Double Bay. The parking was busy for a Sunday as it was raining and I spotted a space a rushed around to get it before someone else grabbed it. I went past the spot to strategically prevent anyone coming the other way from stealing from me and popped the car in reverse. Strangely the Autopark screen came up which confused me for a moment. Then it struck me that it was offering a perpendicular Autopark! I thought what the hell and pressed park, another amazing experience ensued. I don't think anyone else noticed but it's amazing to see the car do yet another of its tricks.

Reactions: bigjsl and ColinA