Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another one I recently 'uncovered', but may be known to some. You can't search businesses to call unless they are in your phone book, however you can say "drive to bunnings", and then when it comes up in nav press the info logo, then press call, and it calls the selected place. Once done, cancel the nav. Its a great way to call any company using the car's voice system.

Yes Dborn,

It has almost got to the stage that if the car does not recognise the spot as available for parking, then I just let it go. This is more certainly the case when there is a whole lot of cars behind me and I need to pull into the proposed spot in a hurry. If the car sees it, then I just let it take it. But if not, I do not try to nudge it in in those circumstances. I am always amazed at how tight a spot the car can get itself into. The secret is to simply drive slow enough past the spot to allow the sensors to work their magic.

-----
On another note, I just love the summons feature and I use it at least four times a day (2 at home, 2 at work):

BUT the communication issues are a major pain in the trunk. One observation I can make is even if the App says communication interrupted at the top, DO NOT let go of the reverse or forward button. If you do, it will most certainly abort and go through the whole procedure of re-connecting which is the most frustrating 5 minutes of your life. But today I just held on to the buttons for dear life, and the car continued the summons. Does not always work, but when it does, it is so worth it.

In my view, this "poor man's summons for Australia" is in major need of a re-think and update. The same principles can be captured, ie, phone and fob within 3 metres of car. But the continued data phone communication with the mobile tower throughout the process is unnecessary and problematic. There should be a command "unlock" feature over the internet for the next 30 seconds, and then the key fob should be allowed to execute the entire manoeuvre from there.

Last edited:
I' ve been driving the same road for a month or so now, and the first part is a good 2 lane road which AP excels on. This merges to a single lane with random concrete pedestrian dividers, parked cars, and lines only one side.
First time it came to this part of the road AP simply shut down, however I've noticed its been gaining courage and going a bit more each day before demanding I hold the wheel. Today it went the full 2 blocks before the roundabout, and it got halfway round the toundabout before I decided my 21's were not worth the risk......but more tesla training starting tomorrow. We're going to conquer that roundabout!
This stretch of road has really highlighted to learning capability of AP.

I should not display any knowledge of this, so I looked it up ( :)) Satoru Iwata was the 4th Chairman of Nintendo during the time when Mario et.al. was huge on the Nintendo 64 bit machine. The day he died (or the day after, depending on which legend you're reading) a rainbow formed over the Nintendo HQ in Kyoto. This is either "really cosmic dudes" or, more likely, a very ordinary coincidence. No records exist of how many rainbows have formed over the Ninitendo HQ and such an observation is very venue dependent. What has it to do with electricity and cars - your guess is as good as mine :confused:

Reactions: Rad18
I should not display any knowledge of this, so I looked it up ( :)) Satoru Iwata was the 4th Chairman of Nintendo during the time when Mario et.al. was huge on the Nintendo 64 bit machine. The day he died (or the day after, depending on which legend you're reading) a rainbow formed over the Nintendo HQ in Kyoto. This is either "really cosmic dudes" or, more likely, a very ordinary coincidence. No records exist of how many rainbows have formed over the Ninitendo HQ and such an observation is very venue dependent. What has it to do with electricity and cars - your guess is as good as mine :confused:
Wow, thats deep. What was I thinking.:(

Wow, thats deep. What was I thinking.:(
And what is more bizarre is the mix in with the cowbell references from Elon.

Apparently it relates back to a famous skit on the US Saturday Night Live show where a band was recording a new song and one of the members is playing a cow bell. The Manager of the band asks for more cow bell. The music that plays when the rainbow road is activated is a sample from the song they were playing.

It all sounds a little bit drug induced to me?

And what is more bizarre is the mix in with the cowbell references from Elon.

Apparently it relates back to a famous skit on the US Saturday Night Live show where a band was recording a new song and one of the members is playing a cow bell. The Manager of the band asks for more cow bell. The music that plays when the rainbow road is activated is a sample from the song they were playing.

It all sounds a little bit drug induced to me?
I wonder if the astronaughts over there at space x get the same level of attention.....