Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Install complete. No list of changes as usual, but summon seems much more responsive, started much faster, and I just used it 12 metres from the car. Just tried summon on the other car not yet updated, vastly improved response time and distance. Install only takes around 15 minutes.

If it was really smart it would ignore school zones outside the times & at school holidays which requires allowance for each state.
And knowledge of private vs public schools! And public holidays. Probably not going to happen.

I rented a rather crappy Renault a few weeks ago and it had a TomTom navigation system with GPS based speed limits. I couldn't help but notice how much better it was at knowing the speed limit than my Model S.

And knowledge of private vs public schools! And public holidays. Probably not going to happen.

I rented a rather crappy Renault a few weeks ago and it had a TomTom navigation system with GPS based speed limits. I couldn't help but notice how much better it was at knowing the speed limit than my Model S.
Unfortunately, the idea behind the Model S system is good but the execution just isn't.

Cant agree with you there. I also had a tomtom in a rental last week, and the number of mistakes it made, including loops around the block to bring us back where we were was very frustrating. The method of entering data too, it was so long winded. So good to be back with my tesla GPS

Cant agree with you there. I also had a tomtom in a rental last week, and the number of mistakes it made, including loops around the block to bring us back where we were was very frustrating. The method of entering data too, it was so long winded. So good to be back with my tesla GPS
If you have a problem with looping, try following Tesla nav from Blues Point to St Lenoards.