Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must have been one of the first Model S 70's that updated because after my car updated it showed as a Model S 60....I think the update got pulled as I hadn't heard of any other Models S 70's updating...then last night around 10:30pm another update was offered...after the update it's back showing as a Model S 70.....interesting to the range is now back at 328km's for a full 80% battery charge.

-ECIT

I am finding it is a lot more twitchy on autopilot.

It seems to be related to the programming to make the car favour the edge of the lane to increase distance with other cars. That is a good thing but when the side lane marking isn't continuous it makes the car wander between the edge of the lane and the centre in some cases quite abruptly. I guess this can be smoothed out in future updates.

I do like the auto selection of speed for the cruise control based on speed limit + offset.

I also noticed that the door mirror behaviour has changed. They used to fold out on opening the door. Now they seem to fold out on turning the car on.

I am finding it is a lot more twitchy on autopilot.

It seems to be related to the programming to make the car favour the edge of the lane to increase distance with other cars. That is a good thing but when the side lane marking isn't continuous it makes the car wander between the edge of the lane and the centre in some cases quite abruptly. I guess this can be smoothed out in future updates.

I do like the auto selection of speed for the cruise control based on speed limit + offset.

I also noticed that the door mirror behaviour has changed. They used to fold out on opening the door. Now they seem to fold out on turning the car on.

Yes, although I’ve only driven briefly today on 7.1, I think you’ve identified the issue very accurately. The wandering or hunting between the curb and median seems to occur on wide streets where there’s no curb marking and can be quite abrupt as you say. Hopefully it’ll learn or be corrected quickly. I also had a phantom collision warning on a bend with parked cars - 1st one on 7.1. I’ve now adjusted from early warning to medium though not sure if that’ll make any difference.

I have noticed that AP is not available in locations it used to be although these are places where I would never use AP in any case. I haven’t driven on motorways with 7.1 yet but expect that to be a lot smoother according to most reports and that’s where I use AP 99% of the time.

Spotify is the best part of the update for me so far. There’s only so much hi res music on my USB drive so endless playlists are fantastic. Sound quality isn’t terrible - not sure but guess it’s 160 Kbps MP3 or equivalent. With Spotify Premium on a device you can select Extreme - equivalent to 320 Kbps - but there doesn’t seem to be an in-car quality setting.

Another really welcome addition, when necessary, recommended speed to reach a Supercharger or your destination. For me, almost essential until the northern Superchargers are operational and still very useful after that.

Interesting about the door mirrors, I’d like my mirrors to extend only on car start but they still extend on opening the door despite changing any possible related settings.

I have 2.9.172 though I'm not sure what the differences are.

Also I noticed a bug with audio scrubbing in the update. Moving the playhead across the timeline works but it doesn't follow the timeline. Also there's no duration info displayed now, the music source cannot be changed from the right scroll wheel and cannot skip forward or back from the steering wheel buttons.

It appears there aren’t any 2.9.172 updates for 60, 85, 90, P85+ or P90D yet.

ModelTrim#Updates#CarsAuto
Pilot
Non
Auto
Pilot
Builds (2.9*)
S4011-1.154
S60101046.154
S70545-.154/.172
S70D7349694.154/.172
S8573733637.154
S85D9189901102.38.13/.154/.172
S90111-.154
S90D202020-.154/.172
SP8536341323.154/.172
SP85+9927.154
SP85D787778-.154/.172
SP90D101010-.154

Last edited:
I have 2.9.172 though I'm not sure what the differences are.

Also I noticed a bug with audio scrubbing in the update. Moving the playhead across the timeline works but it doesn't follow the timeline. Also there's no duration info displayed now, the music source cannot be changed from the right scroll wheel and cannot skip forward or back from the steering wheel buttons.

It appears there aren’t any 2.9.172 updates for 60, 85, 90, P85+ or P90D yet.
mine definately skips to the next track using the steering wheel (85D)

Just an FYI for anyone updating and subsequently discovering something isn’t working, do a 2-thumb reboot at least twice. After discovering weird audio bugs, I rebooted but it was still the same and assumed it was the update. Today I rebooted again and the playhead and duration info reappeared, skip ability returned! I think rebooting the car twice could be my new first response to any issue.

Just an FYI for anyone updating and subsequently discovering something isn’t working, do a 2-thumb reboot at least twice. After discovering weird audio bugs, I rebooted but it was still the same and assumed it was the update. Today I rebooted again and the playhead and duration info reappeared, skip ability returned! I think rebooting the car twice could be my new first response to any issue.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg