Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in the UK

Cornish85D

Dec 27, 2015
Cornwall
Hi Graham, did you get notification on your app? Im away from my car right now but don't have any update alert on my app. Maybe Im just down the list a little....!

Graham 90D

Sep 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi, Yes first spotted it as a notification on my iphone. You need software update ticked in notifications in the app.

Just completed the install, unfortunately "Summon" isn't included, but Spotify is, together with the rest of the updates.

Shame about "Summon" must be regulatory issues.

J1mbo

Aug 20, 2013
UK
Got 7.1 for my Classic yesterday. Apart from Spotify and the new Driver-only unlock setting, not much to see here.

martinwinlow

Jun 18, 2012
Isle of Colonsay, UK
image.jpeg

Oooohhh....

Whitmarsh

Saw the notification at about 15:00, installed by 16:30, all fine. WiFi in my detached garage some way from the router, so I'm impressed. I use HomeLink, so the enhancement will be useful. I think the restriction on AutoSteer is sensible; thank heaven they didn't implement the mooted 45mph limit. Perp parking could be useful given our stupidly small slots, though it might struggle because of the often limited space between rows.

robin_

Jun 23, 2014
UK
No update for my car as of this morning.

Mine updated last night. As others have mentioned, there's no Summon functionality.

Sometimes I've been one of the first to get an update and sometimes I've been a week or even 10 days after first reports. It seems quite random.

Cornish85D

Dec 27, 2015
Cornwall
Mine came through overnight so started it off this morning. I did receive an announcement on the app but had to go to the car to start it off. Is that normal or have I not got the hang of the app yet? Looking forward to testing the spotify later!

robin_

Jun 23, 2014
UK
Mine came through overnight so started it off this morning. I did receive an announcement on the app but had to go to the car to start it off. Is that normal or have I not got the hang of the app yet? Looking forward to testing the spotify later!

Thats normal; it's just a notification on the app. You have to trigger the install from the car.

PB85

Jun 16, 2014
Silverstone UK
Hi
OK I got the update notification on the phone. (overnight last night) Jumped in the car this morning and went to start to the update 'immediately', then within the 2iminute countdown cancelled out, as I realised I might not have time just then.
How do I go back to the 'request to update' as it seems prompted by the car and I cant re-find it?
Thanks

robin_

Jun 23, 2014
UK
Hi
OK I got the update notification on the phone. (overnight last night) Jumped in the car this morning and went to start to the update 'immediately', then within the 2iminute countdown cancelled out, as I realised I might not have time just then.
How do I go back to the 'request to update' as it seems prompted by the car and I cant re-find it?
Thanks

Press the little clock icon top right of the centre screen.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC