Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.2 Inch Rear Display for the Model Y. Almost perfect!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont know if you intended it to read this way, but it definitely 100% reads like an "influencer" type post. Did you pay your own money for this item, or were you provided it for review for your youtube that you are re directing to?

EDIT:.. I just noticed that you have your custom title here as "Youtuber" so that means its probably intentional it reads this way, but the question still stands on whether you actually bought this item with your own money or it was "provided to you for review".
When people are given things for free and don't give a favorable review there is a high chance of being cut off from future freebies so the incentive is to downplay the cons. Yes, there is no cash payment but the value of the free item is considered the payment so technically, still a paid review which can also be classified as an advertisement.

for that price, since you cannot use the Internet from from the Tesla display, I would buy two large tablets,
so each kid or adult can select the program or the game they want, the screen will be in a nicer location,
and they will not have to share the same headphone !!!

View attachment 922985
Like it, but wondering if thief's would see it as easy target?

Reactions: Watts_Up
This pattern keeps repeating. These craptastic Aliexpress products keep getting pumped out. YouTubers who “aren’t paid I swear!!!” gush over them. Regular people buy them. They turn out to be pieces of junk that all but the most diehard “look at the bright side” types regret. And they get uninstalled and binned.

The likelihood of this one being substantially better than the 7” one (which I was duped into buying and hate) is near 0

This pattern keeps repeating. These craptastic Aliexpress products keep getting pumped out. YouTubers who “aren’t paid I swear!!!” gush over them. Regular people buy them. They turn out to be pieces of junk that all but the most diehard “look at the bright side” types regret. And they get uninstalled and binned.

The likelihood of this one being substantially better than the 7” one (which I was duped into buying and hate) is near 0
And every time someone finds a bug or there is a clever new feature, it will very rarely be released for the current piece of tech, but the next iteration will have it, forcing people to live with bugs and missing features, or buy the new version.

It seems like these Chinese product makers has a standard "This will be fixed in v2, that you can buy soon from our store" and if you buy v2 and something else comes up, they will be like "You need to buy v3 instead"

Bugfixes and new features are "always" fixed in the next hardware revision, and they, as said, very rarely fix anything on the current gen, even though they all advertise that their product is "Firmware upgradeable"

My previous EV was heavily advertised as having "OTA upgrade" of the infotainment.

It got totalled but i am still following a forum for that car make and brand, and to this day, 1½ years after the first cars were delivered to costumers, they have released exactly 0 OTA updates for the car.

But as i have said before

In China "Can be OTA upgraded" certainly does not equate to "Will be OTA upgraded".

And yes there were numerous little niggles, bugs and bad spelling that they could have fixed, but as said, to this day nothing has been updated.

Comparing the Chinese EV to Tesla, is like night and day when it comes to software.

Reactions: mlambert890
I installed this display last weekend and.... it works amazing. Also changed the boot and lock screen logo. Now it almost looks a 100% OEM. :)

PXL_20230731_105054160.jpg
PXL_20230731_105017109.jpg
PXL_20230731_105325828.jpg

PXL_20230731_105337515.jpg
PXL_20230731_105259179.jpg
PXL_20230729_113448675.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeHawk
The rear vent sucks though. Not sure if the mod is worth it not being able to adjust direction
I disagree with this. Yes the airflow is not as strong but it is strong enough. Als if needed you can switch on the airflow from under the seats. For extra airflow.

So is it less and the direction is fixed.. yes that's correct. But does it suck, in my experience and some backseat passengers. No.

Reactions: MikeHawk
Is there anything out there that just provides seat heater buttons for the back. I really don't want any of these other features, my kids will just screw with it and drive me nuts. They have their phones for watching movies in the car and would never use this.

I had that mini screen and it worked well with very integrated look. Unfortunately, it was very poorly built and the display popped out of the housing. Others have reported the same issue. Lasted me a month and it had to be tossed in the garbage. Hansshow said they would happily refund me if I paid for return freight back to China - sounded like a reasonable request until I found out shipping costs are higher that the cost of the item. This was a non-negotiable condition for the refund. I was confused why they didn't have me throw it out after picture proff or even why they didn't ask me to send it to their California location.

I installed this display last weekend and.... it works amazing. Also changed the boot and lock screen logo. Now it almost looks a 100% OEM. :)

View attachment 961076 View attachment 961067 View attachment 961068

View attachment 961069 View attachment 961070 View attachment 961071
It is uncertain how hot it gets in the Netherlands, but the desire is to see how this screen sustains in very hot temperatures on the East Coast of the United States. The screen may melt/bend in extreme heat weather. lets see.

Is there anything out there that just provides seat heater buttons for the back. I really don't want any of these other features, my kids will just screw with it and drive me nuts. They have their phones for watching movies in the car and would never use this.

Depends on if your kids can be trusted.

The seat heater control is available through the phone app. I travel in the back seat and work while my husband is driving, this gives me control over my seat heater. It is so nice to not have to ask permission to change my seat temperature. Slowly I'm getting closer and closer to being able to travel comfortably without having to ask my husband to do things for me while he's driving.

Your kids already have phones so this would allow them to control their rear seat functions. Unfortunately, if they are not trustworthy, it offers them many other items to control that you may want them not touching.

View attachment 961076 View attachment 961067 View attachment 961068

View attachment 961069 View attachment 961070 View attachment 961071

how can we change the boot screen?

Also did you already do the holiday update?

I heard/read somewhere the holiday update breaks the rear seat heat setting display on the main screen. So what you set on the rear display, wont show on the main screen and show as all off, but they are actually working from being turned on in the rear

Anyone know the process to change the boot screen logo?

Also, does anyone else have issues with USB sticks not working on the right type C port? I'm trying to play some movie files on a USB stick but the file manager only shows internal storage. thanks