Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 gallon Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're being really judgmental and kind of insulting here. Choosing something lower than 90% does not have to mean "super anal" or "super obsessed". Tone it down. I think this is a pretty relaxed perspective to just point out how the area the car shows you is from 50% to 90%. Toward the middle is better, but go as high as you need to to comfortably use the car. Done. Easy peasy and not super "anal" or "obsessed".

What you didn't notice was I was actually contradictory.

I said the super anal line, but then a bit later I said "People that plug in every night are probably better off with 70-80% as their charge limit (to have a lower average state of charge), but I don't."

So clearly one part of me was using exaggerated language to set a set of not to worry about it. But, then there was justification for an 80% charge when plugged in every night.

Could have used a bit of editing. :p

Anyways, we both generally have the same consensus. To keep the average SoC in the middle, and that needs outweigh any worry over battery longevity.

Reactions: Rocky_H
You really think range isn’t driver dependent? I used to drive a MINI cooper S. If I was having fun with it, the mpg would drop from 30ish to 10ish. That’s on me.

My 85 battery is clearly aged some, but I just did a road trip in good weather. Steady 75 mph. Lights/Radio/Heat/Ac on. Not hypermileing in any way. Averaged 276 Wh/mile which is 290 mile range (on a P85D)!

Attachments

• 1D22976F-3246-46A3-9D42-6B712F37BAF1.jpeg
    1D22976F-3246-46A3-9D42-6B712F37BAF1.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Electroman
I’ve owned two Tesla’s. The first, a S75 when new had an epa range of 249 miles. I have a regular trip of 195 miles mostly on 2 lane roads, some interstate that I take. When new I arrived with about 40-45 miles of range left. 2+ years later the car had 230 miles at 100% yet still arrived with 40 miles left. My current Raven charges to 352-358 miles and does about the same, although I drive it faster. On 95 north I can make Brunswick, GA with about 30-35 miles left on a 98 degree day driving 75+-5 mph. That’s about 275 miles. Around town with lots of stops that chew up energy, I get a little under rated. My 90% is 319-325. I have made Richmond on two stops just like an ice, lunch and dinner.