Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 in one spot, in 2020, @Fully Charged, Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

stevejust

T E S L A x (≡)
Feb 15, 2010
Dallas, TX
38wsf7589de41.jpg

Good to meet you Steve...added another to our small, but growing Texas roadster group...

Missed @jfischer and his red this time as it is in the northwest being repaired, but hope to have him back with us for our next drive in March/April timeframe...must get another drive in before it gets too warm...if that is even possible anymore with our Texas weather extremes.

@AEdennis :

It's nice to put a screen name to a face for a change, instead of the other way around! I've seen your posts here, but didn't know this was you until now!

Maybe next time I'm back in So Cal I can take you and your wife out for dinner... if you want to bring the twin ;-)

Good meeting you, and hope to see you around again sometime!

You caught a Southwest flight in the background too. I hate myself for missing this. Do you think fully charged come back to Austin again?

Yeah, I'm almost 100% positive they will. But this sold out, so they're already talking about trying to do it next year in the convention center in Austin.

Which will mean no track day for the Roadster on the one hand, but on the other... I can't believe this thing sold out. Most of the OG EV people I know (the people who've had EVs since 2012 or even longer) skipped this event because it was perceived to be a cash grab by a bunch of youtubers by a lot of people.

Personally, I was really skeptical this would be good, but it wound up being spectacular. It was so much fun!

@AEdennis :

It's nice to put a screen name to a face for a change, instead of the other way around! I've seen your posts here, but didn't know this was you until now!

Maybe next time I'm back in So Cal I can take you and your wife out for dinner... if you want to bring the twin ;-)

Good meeting you, and hope to see you around again sometime!

Most definitely @stevejust. The Roadster forum on TMC is one of my "happy place" As long as the weather is nice, and I behave myself, I could get the better half to approve me borrowing her baby... It's the latter part I can work on!

OUTSTANDING!!
Thanks for sharing.

Of course, next time, join us!

You caught a Southwest flight in the background too. I hate myself for missing this. Do you think fully charged come back to Austin again?

YES. Most definitely, as long it doesn't conflict with family stuff, I will come back too...

Yeah, I'm almost 100% positive they will. But this sold out, so they're already talking about trying to do it next year in the convention center in Austin.

Which will mean no track day for the Roadster on the one hand, but on the other... I can't believe this thing sold out. Most of the OG EV people I know (the people who've had EVs since 2012 or even longer) skipped this event because it was perceived to be a cash grab by a bunch of youtubers by a lot of people.

Personally, I was really skeptical this would be good, but it wound up being spectacular. It was so much fun!

We know each other now @stevejust and I know the Fully Charged guys forever, Robert's been an original EV guy and has instant credibility with me... So, I was all in when I first heard they were planning on doing this last year when I met up with Robert in Sydney...

IMG_20190126_194749 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

At $100 a person for two days (without the readily available discount codes via a lot of presenters), it's spectacularly priced... Remembering how much we all paid for TMC and other events, it's quite inexpensive and the content was quite good. (granted those other events INCLUDED meals, so there's that, but it was cool to have the various choices.)

Oh my... @Tex EV got some great video on COTA...

I missed that! Thanks for @DeedWest to make the offer earlier in the day, but I was attending a few sessions and spotted you guys moving to the track as I got out to go grab some lunch...

Looks like folks had a lot of fun!

See y'all (pardon my California accent) next time!

Reactions: Tex EV and drewski
I too really enjoyed the whole event.!

I'd heard you were there from @DeedWest ! Thanks for coming all the way to Texas for this.

Years ago I got this snapshot when some random roadster showed up in Dallas, TX from Arizona, which blew my mind. But that's a much, much shorter drive:

steve on Instagram: “Signature Green or Lime Green? My #teslaroadster met a girlfriend tonight at #earthdaytexas”

And now that I've got a photo of a Signature Green Tesla Roadster next to a green EV-1, I guess the new bucket list item would be to get photo of every shade of Roadster green all in one picture?

5A265263-EAFF-402F-9405-DA519A92C9A2.jpeg

Here’s another angle of a few of them. I keep reliving this event in my mind...it was way too much fun.

and @drewski - we’d initially parked them with the intention of “by VIN”, but we all showed up at different times. We just settled for separating the versions. Interestingly enough, we didn’t have a single 2.0 (not counting the random sighting we found the next day: VIN 573)!

I can’t wait until next year!

(below: epic photo of us three Dallas Roadsters charging together in Waco)
6C5A18ED-6DF8-44F8-97AF-2696C7535AFB.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 508443
Here’s another angle of a few of them. I keep reliving this event in my mind...it was way too much fun.

and @drewski - we’d initially parked them with the intention of “by VIN”, but we all showed up at different times. We just settled for separating the versions. Interestingly enough, we didn’t have a single 2.0 (not counting the random sighting we found the next day: VIN 573)!

I can’t wait until next year!

(below: epic photo of us three Dallas Roadsters charging together in Waco)
View attachment 508444

i see, it's the 2.0's that are anti-social! ;)

maybe i'll have to drive down for next year! :)