Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finalized my order yesterday for a LR, 7seats, midnight silver metallic, white int, 20in wheels. On the Tesla website, they gave me 1-4 weeks ETA . However, my Tesla advisor said that it could be longer (worst case is end of June). She then mentioned to me that there's this option to look for inventory outside my area, which would cost another $500 for the transportation fee if we choose to get our car from another area. Has anyone been offered this option as well?

I just finalized my order yesterday for a LR, 7seats, midnight silver metallic, white int, 20in wheels. On the Tesla website, they gave me 1-4 weeks ETA . However, my Tesla advisor said that it could be longer (worst case is end of June). She then mentioned to me that there's this option to look for inventory outside my area, which would cost another $500 for the transportation fee if we choose to get our car from another area. Has anyone been offered this option as well?

Yes, this is a fairly common and popular option if you need your vehicle sooner than “sometime between now and June”.
Especially if you can find a “non demo” vehicle.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Thanks! I'm just wondering why Tesla still charges you $500 when it's not your fault that they can't commit to the ETA they gave you.
Oh well-not much we can do about it. Its sad that making revolutionary product doesn't go with having transparent policies and great support. At this point their philosophy is: its either our way or the ... Not having real support is a drag and reading about stonewalls when something goes wrong is discouraging but car industry is not known for honesty. On the bright side I just checked and saw delivery dates back on. Ordered 2/18 with original dates March 2-31. Now its April 22-May 6. We'll see-not holding my breath

Oh well-not much we can do about it. Its sad that making revolutionary product doesn't go with having transparent policies and great support. At this point their philosophy is: its either our way or the ... Not having real support is a drag and reading about stonewalls when something goes wrong is discouraging but car industry is not known for honesty. On the bright side I just checked and saw delivery dates back on. Ordered 2/18 with original dates March 2-31. Now its April 22-May 6. We'll see-not holding my breath
Yup I totally agree with you..

Since about April 1st, I had an Estimated Delivery of April 4 to April 23, every day it was pushed by one day but upper limit was always 23rd.

I called today to check in, and it went from:
April 8 - April 23
now its:
April 10 - April 30

Model Y, 7 seater, MSM, All Black, Tow, 20" wheels

Initial Order: 1/23/2021
Order Completion: 03/09/2021

Since about April 1st, I had an Estimated Delivery of April 4 to April 23, every day it was pushed by one day but upper limit was always 23rd.

April 8 - April 23
now its:
April 10 - April 30

I just finalized my order yesterday and ordered the same color as yours and 20" wheels but no tow hitch and white interior. My ETA is 1-4 weeks so I'm guessing it will also get pushed out. Did you get a VIN already? If so, how soon did you get it?

April 8 - April 23
now its:
April 10 - April 30

My delivery date is now gone...

My delivery date is now gone...

April 8 - April 23
now its:
April 10 - April 30

Today's update went in a surprising direction:

Estimated Delivery: April 09 - April 29

Still no VIN.