Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the first time since February I have a delivery date back in my profile.
4/10-4/30
Early in the quarter these are based on a projection on when it will be delivered to your geography, which is based on a ton of assumptions (and from what we have seen, little padding). Hopefully they don’t move it around too much for you.

Someone on Reddit got an email from Tesla offering him a 5-set instead to get it sooner.
When I was shopping for MY, I was actually thinking of waiting for the 7-seat model, however I was not willing to wait so long, so I got the five seater instead. I'm super happy with it and it gives me the space I require. Maybe I'll turn it in and get the 7-seater next year, or who knows?! maybe I'll swap it with the Cyber Truck.

Where are you at?
  • Model Y
  • Standard Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
    Oakland, Ca - ordered 1/20, completed profile 1/21
I'm in Concord. I just finalized my order on 04/05 so I think I still have a bit of a wait. I don't have a VIN yet and not sure how long it takes to get one. Here's what I ordered:
  • Model Y
  • Long Range AWD
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • White Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

For those wondering about the software update, I just got my update right now. I had my wall charger installed today, and I just plugged in, then the update appeared! Don't know if they're connected.

For me, the update came yesterday and the wall charger got installed today.. It perhaps went through my email to find out the appointment timing to schedule the update 😈

Reactions: Axeman
Posted this in the other thread about production halt but i think it's important to post here too:

Ordered a 7 seater, east coast, about 4 weeks ago and yesterday for the first time I had an estimated delivery of April 23-May 10. Today when I logged in to my account it's gone.

Truck delayed, delayed pickup :-/
Bummer! We had a similar frustrating situation last year. Except it was all of our household belongings :eek:
Nothing to do but wait.

My order estimates have been all over the place, to the point that I'm just stopping myself from looking. March 17 order.
Original estimate at time of order: 1-10 weeks.
Then nothing shown for a couple of weeks.
Last week: April 18-May something
Earlier this week: May something-June 5th
Yesterday: Dates no longer shown

Interesting that people are getting their estimated delivery dates disappearing. I ordered on March 15, and saw no dates until April. At that point it said April 19- May 6. Since then it's almost every day pushing the start date out one day. The end date has mostly remained constant, but jumped two days a couple of days ago. If there's a production shutdown I'm guessing the dates are fantasy. I told my wife I'm actually expecting it to arrive mid May or so.

I told my wife I'm actually expecting it to arrive mid May or so.
this is a healthy approach, if you don’t have an urgent need for a car. I only tried playing the “get a Tesla exactly when another lease ends” once. Planning for 2 month overlap / variability leads to less insanity. And if it is totally worth the wait

this is a healthy approach, if you don’t have an urgent need for a car. I only tried playing the “get a Tesla exactly when another lease ends” once. Planning for 2 month overlap / variability leads to less insanity. And if it is totally worth the wait
I have a three year old LEAF that I'm trading in for the Model Y. So, as long as the Model Y works I won't ever have no car.

On the other hand, we're going to the cottage toward the end of June, and the LEAF won't take all our stuff, never mind having the range.

I have a three year old LEAF that I'm trading in for the Model Y. So, as long as the Model Y works I won't ever have no car.

On the other hand, we're going to the cottage toward the end of June, and the LEAF won't take all our stuff, never mind having the range.
Having just gone from a 2012 LEAF to the 2021 MY LR, I can confirm how nice it feels. Not only is it much more spacious, but I don't have to think, "Can I use the A/C and still make it home?" or "Okay, I can drop my kid off at that play date, but I won't have enough range to go back and pick him up...". Life is so much better. I hope your MY arrives in time for your trip!

As an early ev stubborn militant who has hauled tons of stuff in a leaf and sat countless hours at chademos I’d say bah humbug; but I totally get it. Our first Tesla felt like a liberation.