Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm in a weird place. I still have a lease on an old Outlander phev until September, so when I ordered and the time frame said 9 to 13 weeks that was perfect for me. Shortly after my order on June 1st, my time dropped to June 12th to June 29th. That is a lot sooner than I was expecting a vehicle but I know that EDD are often changing and misleading. I was very on the fence about the seven seater, but the Salt Lake dealership had a blue one in stock I could test drive. With four kids and the oldest being 12 I think the seven seater is going to work out perfectly for me, if not we can always use my wife's minivan.

Don’t believe any of the EDD dates. It changes week by week. Mine went from late May to early June to late June. Then out of nowhere, I got a call last week( right before memorial weekend) saying my car was ready for pick up.

VIN received this evening! 190xxx

That was a long wait, but hopefully can get the car this weekend.
Congrats. Call your SA and check status. I received my VIN 6/1 and didn't call my SA until 6/4 which he said will take a couple of days for prep and detail so schedule home delivery for 6/8. Called this morning 6/5 saying it is ready for pickup, couple hours later it is at my door.

I’m expecting delivery of my MYLR7 this month and wondering how well the third row works with booster seats. I wasn’t able to see a 7-seater at the showroom or test drive so I’m still waiting to see how roomy it is.
My boys are able and eager to buckle their own seat belts in booster seats, so I don’t necessarily need to be able to reach into the third row. We may end up keeping the third row down most of the time unless we have grandparents or cousins visiting.

I’m expecting delivery of my MYLR7 this month and wondering how well the third row works with booster seats. I wasn’t able to see a 7-seater at the showroom or test drive so I’m still waiting to see how roomy it is.
My boys are able and eager to buckle their own seat belts in booster seats, so I don’t necessarily need to be able to reach into the third row. We may end up keeping the third row down most of the time unless we have grandparents or cousins visiting.
I'd recommend checking out Bearded Tesla Guy's YouTube channel. He has a 7-seat Y and he's done a few videos covering car seats in the 3rd row.

Reactions: weekenddays
I'd recommend checking out Bearded Tesla Guy's YouTube channel. He has a 7-seat Y and he's done a few videos covering car seats in the 3rd row.
I checked out Bearded Tesla Guy’s yt video about 3rd row car seats and it was helpful.
I couldn’t find videos that showed 3rd row booster seats (backed or backless, where the seat belt must be buckled in every time the child sits down).
Anybody have experience with using booster seats in the third row and whether there is enough room for kids to easily buckle seat belts?

I checked out Bearded Tesla Guy’s yt video about 3rd row car seats and it was helpful.
I couldn’t find videos that showed 3rd row booster seats (backed or backless, where the seat belt must be buckled in every time the child sits down).
Anybody have experience with using booster seats in the third row and whether there is enough room for kids to easily buckle seat belts?
I think the issue with boosters is that they are not secured unless buckled no? And in the 3rd there are no car seats latches in the seats. So when no kids are in the seats, they would turn into loose/projectiles :)

I think the issue with boosters is that they are not secured unless buckled no? And in the 3rd there are no car seats latches in the seats. So when no kids are in the seats, they would turn into loose/projectiles :)
Simple boosters can’t be latched like car seats can. They are buckled when the kid is sitting in them, otherwise just sit unattached in the seat. They work fine in the second row, I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with using boosters in the third row—is it too cramped to get the seat belt into the seat buckle easily?