Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I called my local service center and they pretty much said its meaningless :(
That's a bummer. We all saw the tweet from Elon... I just hope he was off by a month or two and not a quarter or two. My Honda Pilot just flipped over 140,000 miles this past weekend, the wheel bearings are making a ton of noise, the tires I put on in spring are horrible, and I just had to replace my battery today because it died. The car itself isn't at the end of it's life, but I sure am tired of dealing with high mileage problems.

If the 7 seater isn't here by March, I may need to settle for 5 seater.

So Q1 2021 is days away. Has anyone heard anything? Rumors? Any guesses on when deliveries will start?

Radio silence over here. I've been checking my account multiple times a days for months. I confirmed with my SA that I've completed everything needed to be matched to a VIN. Now it's just a waiting game. Nothing to report in any way.

Guessing they were specifically waiting to release the new X or something. So maybe on the 11th or so.

I assume the "new X" is just speculation, is that correct? I might actually consider an X if a refresh came through.

I just hit 140,000 miles in my Honda Pilot and while I know it can definitely keep going for a while, certain things are failing and I'm losing patience repairing/replacing.

Reactions: reardencode
I assume the "new X" is just speculation, is that correct? I might actually consider an X if a refresh came through.

I just hit 140,000 miles in my Honda Pilot and while I know it can definitely keep going for a while, certain things are failing and I'm losing patience repairing/replacing.

I'd call it all but confirmed.

* Long assembly line shutdown
* Long lead time for new S/X
* New code showing internal camera on S/X
* Plaid coming 2021

Reactions: Snow Drift
I still think there is a real chance there will never be a 7-seat version....that being said, I am still hoping with rear facing seats that I can put my 3 yr old and 4 yr old in without the need for a child car seat.

Until there's a production vehicle on the road, that chance of never having a 7 seat version is definitely real... but I hope they find a way to release one, because I really enjoy having a collapsible 3rd row in my current vehicle. Everything I've seen from Tesla has stated it's forward facing. The only rear facing stories I've seen are speculation from 3rd parties.

Haven't heard anything here either. So didn't want to wait anymore (wife became antsy with the free supercharging offer *rolling eyes*). Switched to 5-seat. :(

Oof. I'm almost there myself... I think if the 7 seater is still not here come March, I might bail on the idea and settle for 5 seater myself. We're you able to take delivery of a 5 seater?

After the 3rd time my car broke down in a month I switched to the 5 seater and was able to get a delivery in about a week. I would have liked to have the 7 seat but I know it would mean less trunk storage. The car is awesome and the truth is I would rarely haul more than 4 people in the car anyway. If you have a big family you should probably wait. If you are a 2+2 type of family the 5 seater will probably be fine 99.5% of the time.

After the 3rd time my car broke down in a month I switched to the 5 seater and was able to get a delivery in about a week. I would have liked to have the 7 seat but I know it would mean less trunk storage. The car is awesome and the truth is I would rarely haul more than 4 people in the car anyway. If you have a big family you should probably wait. If you are a 2+2 type of family the 5 seater will probably be fine 99.5% of the time.
I've heard the argument about smaller trunk space before, but I don't follow... why do you think the trunk will be smaller? You know the 3rd row folds flat, right? The only think you lose out on is the space underneath the seat. You'll still have the entire trunk and under trunk.

I have 3 kids and all 3 fit "fine" in the 5 seater. With my current Honda, we only use the 3rd row in emergencies or long trips. We COULD be fine in a 5 seater Y, but...I really want to hold out as long as I can.

Oof. I'm almost there myself... I think if the 7 seater is still not here come March, I might bail on the idea and settle for 5 seater myself. We're you able to take delivery of a 5 seater?

Yup. Changed the order this weekend, and picked up the car today (could've done yesterday, but work hours prevented it). Wife is really happy with it (she hates driving the model 3, because it's "too low").

I've heard the argument about smaller trunk space before, but I don't follow... why do you think the trunk will be smaller? You know the 3rd row folds flat, right? The only think you lose out on is the space underneath the seat. You'll still have the entire trunk and under trunk.

I have 3 kids and all 3 fit "fine" in the 5 seater. With my current Honda, we only use the 3rd row in emergencies or long trips. We COULD be fine in a 5 seater Y, but...I really want to hold out as long as I can.

You lose both the front and rear basements at a minimum, and although they will fold flat they will likely be higher than the existing deck. You simply can't add a seat (or anything else) without eating into the existing storage space.

No.
You lose the front basement only, and they fold to the same level as the load floor.
Have to agree no one has actually seen one, but its there on tesla's site
Screenshot_20201231-173903_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201231-173903_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201231-173903_Samsung Internet.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 47
You lose both the front and rear basements at a minimum, and although they will fold flat they will likely be higher than the existing deck. You simply can't add a seat (or anything else) without eating into the existing storage space.
No. You only lose the front basement. 3rd row seats are very common...they simply fold flat. Judging by the prototype pictures we've seen as well as whats on the live website, nothing leads me to believe that the rear basement will be impacted.

That being said, I think there's a chance that the trunk floor boards may be resized slightly, but I still fully expect to have plenty of room for my needs. And even then, I keep my current car's 3rd row folded down 90% of the time.

No. You only lose the front basement. 3rd row seats are very common...they simply fold flat. Judging by the prototype pictures we've seen as well as whats on the live website, nothing leads me to believe that the rear basement will be impacted.

That being said, I think there's a chance that the trunk floor boards may be resized slightly, but I still fully expect to have plenty of room for my needs. And even then, I keep my current car's 3rd row folded down 90% of the time.
All possibilities but most likely is nothing will change since 3rd row seat won't be released.