Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For California folks - I just assume that the latest possible but still March delivery date would be met.

I had an overnight loaner with the family yesterday / today, because they are vaccinated and came out the week of / after the original delivery date. The service agent upon returning the car told me that they were on track for delivery before the end of the month, without prompting and also with no reference to the fact that the late side of the original delivery window ended tomorrow.

i assume it’s all true for CA buyers, wait for a quarter end delivery and take your chances with fit and finish quality. I did have the opportunity to explain that my wife is due at the end of the month. She explained that she would see if she could match me to a vehicle manually after it came off the line. Bluntly - I assume that’s just shenanigans.

here’s to month end!

Congrats! But ... darn it! That's my configuration. Ordered 1/26/21. Site is back online but no VIN for me (in Washington)!

Is your profile complete with all checks? Mine is as of 2/20. Supposedly this has some impact.

It's really interesting how these VIN's are being distributed. I wonder if it has to do with requirements of VIN creation by state? I know the manufacturer generates the VIN # but it has to be registered in some manner before it's used I'm guessing. Maybe each state's process differs? Pure guess...

Order date 1/14/21 white/white/20/no tow/no FSD in Colorado. I do not have a vin. Spoke with my SA on Monday. Stated I should have a vin within a couple of days.

I'm in Colorado as well (picking up in Littleton ... although I'm not sure that matters much) and had a chat with my SA a week ago. The stretch date on my original window is 3/6 and he said that I'd likely be able to pick up a week before or after that date. Still no VIN so a pick-up tomorrow seems a bit unrealistic.

I think Colorado is lumped in with the West Coasters as it seems orders are being fulfilled from East to West coast (generally). Just saw someone in Salt Lake City receive their VIN so maybe we're close?

I'm still just assuming end of month and setting lowered expectations.

Got a call from the SA this morning; they want to delay pickup because the factory told them there are some things they want service to check before delivery (he was unsure what they are currently, will inquire more once we pickup). He mentioned there were a couple of other cars in the same boat from Salt Lake City. Sounds like maybe just a couple of days worth of delay. Hopefully it doesn't take too long because I already added the car to my insurance!

This is for everyone approaching the expiration date of their loan. I just spoke with my bank. (not sure if this is the case for all banks.) They told me that if I reapply before the expiration date that they would use the credit file that they pulled already. Just call and explain the situation. SO YOU WON'T GET A SECOND HARD PULL FOR THE SAME LOAN. Hope this helps, sorry for yelling!

I'm in Colorado as well (picking up in Littleton ... although I'm not sure that matters much) and had a chat with my SA a week ago. The stretch date on my original window is 3/6 and he said that I'd likely be able to pick up a week before or after that date. Still no VIN so a pick-up tomorrow seems a bit unrealistic.

I think Colorado is lumped in with the West Coasters as it seems orders are being fulfilled from East to West coast (generally). Just saw someone in Salt Lake City receive their VIN so maybe we're close?

I'm still just assuming end of month and setting lowered expectations.[/QUOTE

I’m not too far from you. I’m in centennial, picking up in Denver. My SA also stated I was in the process of being soft matched.. what ever that means. Same here! Thinking end of the month we should definitely have our cars. Wish Tesla would have better communication when it came to orders.

Is your profile complete with all checks? Mine is as of 2/20. Supposedly this has some impact.

It's really interesting how these VIN's are being distributed. I wonder if it has to do with requirements of VIN creation by state? I know the manufacturer generates the VIN # but it has to be registered in some manner before it's used I'm guessing. Maybe each state's process differs? Pure guess...

I'm a little confused to how you complete your profile. I'm in CA and currently stuck at the insurance portion. When I click on "overview" the only checked off items are Order and Prepare For Delivery. My SA advised no further actions are required on my end, so I'm just trusting the process.

"Soft match" o_O

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: mcmcn
I'm a little confused to how you complete your profile. I'm in CA and currently stuck at the insurance portion. When I click on "overview" the only checked off items are Order and Prepare For Delivery. My SA advised no further actions are required on my end, so I'm just trusting the process.

When did you finish adding the requirements up to the insurance? I uploaded a copy of my current insurance for now and it's now checked off too. But I don't think that one delays much (if at all) like the others seem to do so.

When did you finish adding the requirements up to the insurance? I uploaded a copy of my current insurance for now and it's now checked off too. But I don't think that one delays much (if at all) like the others seem to do so.

I completed the insurance portion on the same day I placed the order. Keep in mind though, I'm from California so a VIN# is not required for proof of insurance, and my SA advised the insurance portion will complete once they match me to a VIN#. I think that's what's confusing me whenever I see customers talk about "profile completion". Again, I'm trusting the process...fingers crossed!

I completed the insurance portion on the same day I placed the order. Keep in mind though, I'm from California so a VIN# is not required for proof of insurance, and my SA advised the insurance portion will complete once they match me to a VIN#. I think that's what's confusing me whenever I see customers talk about "profile completion". Again, I'm trusting the process...fingers crossed!

Well Tesla themselves talk about profile completion, which is everything up to the insurance portion. I was curious on user Balcy who had the same configuration I did, but ordered 5 days earlier, is in WA, and didn't have a VIN yet

I more wanted a VIN soon to try and avoid end of quarter rush QC issues (again, assuming that's a cause).

This is for everyone approaching the expiration date of their loan. I just spoke with my bank. (not sure if this is the case for all banks.) They told me that if I reapply before the expiration date that they would use the credit file that they pulled already. Just call and explain the situation. SO YOU WON'T GET A SECOND HARD PULL FOR THE SAME LOAN. Hope this helps, sorry for yelling!

Did you go through Tesla loan and Tesla picked up a bank or is it a self-arranged loan? My SA told me it might involve a soft pull but not a hard pull. But I don't trust my SA completely.

Did you go through Tesla loan and Tesla picked up a bank or is it a self-arranged loan? My SA told me it might involve a soft pull but not a hard pull. But I don't trust my SA completely.

This might be accurate. I had my credit pulled on 1/8 (nearly 2 months ago) and a hard pull hasn't shown on my credit report yet for the initial. Was there a "hard pull" from your initial check?