Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some additional insight into my conversations with people at Tesla.
The most recent person I spoke with said different employees have different autoirizaion/ access to info. Some can track gate days and soft matches where others don’t actually have access to that info. Others can actually check all inventory (both existing and currently in production) and create customer/vin matches on the spot where others can’t. When you call into Tesla durring peak hours (pretty sure all hours are peak) they simply reroute you to random depts in order to get you on the phone with someone ASAP. It makes for VERY different customer service experiences, but at least makes me less frustrated when each rep handles my call differently.

Well a little bit of news from my SA -
My 1/20 order of SR RWD MY7 Blue/Black Gemini, no hitch, no FDC - After initially telling me that we'd get the car before the end of March, she now says that we will get the car, but most likely not till May and maybe closer to the end of it. She says, Blue, gray and Red will not be produced till after the quarter is over. Only Black and white is coming off the line till then. She offered to change the color of the car and refund the $1000 color fee, and promised a vehicle would be matched before April 15th. However, we really want the blue, so we're sticking with the original order.

• Helpful
Reactions: kkw249 and EV-uhh
My 1/20 order of SR RWD MY7 Blue/Black Gemini, no hitch, no FDC - After initially telling me that we'd get the car before the end of March, she now says that we will get the car, but most likely not till May and maybe closer to the end of it. She says, Blue, gray and Red will not be produced till after the quarter is over. Only Black and white is coming off the line till then. She offered to change the color of the car and refund the $1000 color fee, and promised a vehicle would be matched before April 15th. However, we really want the blue, so we're sticking with the original order.
Hold the line. Get the color that you really want.

Have people received their VINs on the weekend? Or do they only get assigned during the week?

Officially removed myself from the Demo vehicle (had an old center console, rather have the new one), so am back to waiting for a new VIN

I received my VIN on Saturday at ~11 pm at night. I received the official text message with my VIN the following Sunday morning around 11 am.

What the heck

What the heck
That is conflicting info, others have received calls to tell them that their SRY will not be fullfield and there will be no more SRYs made, i wish Tesla was clear on what is actually going to happen, i want a SRY7 but had to settle for a inventory five seat before they ran out. Tbh i bielieve they will stop making it, as they even remove the option to look for existing inventory on their website.

Reactions: Pharmgirl0305
That is conflicting info, others have received calls to tell them that their SRY will not be fullfield and there will be no more SRYs made, i wish Tesla was clear on what is actually going to happen, i want a SRY7 but had to settle for a inventory five seat before they ran out. Tbh i bielieve they will stop making it, as they even remove the option to look for existing inventory on their website.
This is even conflicting info from what my SA told us last week, thus compounding how much im beginning to hate Tesla.