Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA (for a SR MY 7-seater) tried to match us to an inventory vehicle, but could not find the color (white). He has never mentioned that the SR MY will not be fulfilled, only that they truly do not know at this point. I suspect the info we've seen about SA's stating that the SR MY will not be built were simply sales tactics to close more sales by quarter end and push folks into inventory / LR vehicles. If there were any sort of official memo, all SAs would be in the loop.

continue to HODL my SR brethren.

Hold the line. Get the color that you really want.

emotion.jpeg

I think there is a lot of that in the air. Hopefully the great California/West Coast VIN dump begins this week and at least some of us disgruntled individuals can become happy individuals.

In looking at the spreadsheet there are a host of states with 100% VIN allocation despite orders this past week in many cases. I’m sure transit has something to do with that. For us Californians with Jan (or earlier!) orders, here’s to hoping for VINs and not awful delivery quality!

For what it’s worth my SA at Costa Mesa texted me that they have started to see 7 seater deliveries as of late last week. Mum’s the word on a particular Blue, LR AWD with 19” wheels and no FSD that this poster is particularly interested in though.

I think there is a lot of that in the air. Hopefully the great California/West Coast VIN dump begins this week and at least some of us disgruntled individuals can become happy individuals.

In looking at the spreadsheet there are a host of states with 100% VIN allocation despite orders this past week in many cases. I’m sure transit has something to do with that. For us Californians with Jan (or earlier!) orders, here’s to hoping for VINs and not awful delivery quality!

For what it’s worth my SA at Costa Mesa texted me that they have started to see 7 seater deliveries as of late last week. Mum’s the word on a particular Blue, LR AWD with 19” wheels and no FSD that this poster is particularly interested in though.
My thought (and hope) is that Tesla is trying to get as many orders shipped out east as possible so that they can make the end of the quarter delivery and work their way west because the transport times are much less. Fingers crossed!

My thought (and hope) is that Tesla is trying to get as many orders shipped out east as possible so that they can make the end of the quarter delivery and work their way west because the transport times are much less. Fingers crossed!
I have been checking inventory all day everyday! Very few west coast deliveries! Hoping we see more deliveries and some 7 seat SR cancellations so I can order mine!

Is there any 7 seater check list that are available for download? I am scheduled to take delivery in a couple days. Really excited!
There are several non 7-seater specific ones out there... but the only thing I know of that's been an issue in several 7-seater deliveries has been the plastic rail cover in the 2nd row seats. Happened to me, as well. Other than that, I was prepared for the worst and extremely satisfied for my 1/18 pickup!

Just got a text saying I have a tentative delivery date of 3/27! Super excited!

It's a 5.5 hour drive to the delivery location though and I'll have to get up early to make the appointment. When I test drove and explained that I wasn't going to be doing a trade-in, the salesman said that they arrange a rental car from enterprise to drive down to do your pick-up. Is this something people have heard of before, or was the salesman just blowing smoke?
This is what several friends of mine have been offered and done for picking up their cars at the Mt. Kisco location here in NY, about 5 hours away. They even got free hotel rooms.

My life has devolved into checking this forum to see which one of you got a vin... we're down to our final week of March and I'm still waiting on the vin dump. Will it happen? Oh what a sad existence.
100% doing the exact same thing. This is effecting my life way more than I should let it. Every California VIN is like a cup of water from the spring of hope. A day without such reports is the worst!
1/22 order in SoCal - hopeful but also trying to force myself to assume the unicorn will never come.

Reactions: mdcone and Axeman
100% doing the exact same thing. This is effecting my life way more than I should let it. Every California VIN is like a cup of water from the spring of hope. A day without such reports is the worst!
1/22 order in SoCal - hopeful but also trying to force myself to assume the unicorn will never come.
Waiting on the Unicorn, sounds like an awesome movie!

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I have a feeling that it is the 5 seaters that are seeing the end-of-quarter push. They are the more common Config and they can mass push them.
I have been reading MY Facebook group posts where a 5 seat order is placed, Vin issued a few days later, pick up within the week.
Sigh
Totally seems that way. The sheet's 7 seaters seem to mostly be on the east coast at the moment, but I'm holding out hope they make their way out west.