Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I promised, a quick update regarding delivery. I took deliver yesterday and it was, as expected, an easy process. Of note ...
  • My visual inspection of the vehicle revealed nothing out of place. No missing caps in the second row (as some others have reported), no panel gaps, no paint issues, etc. In a nutshell, the MY7 seemed to be in perfect shape.
  • As others have reported. I have the updated heated steering wheel and center console (I would have been shocked to NOT have them). No updated headlights or HEPA filter.
Overall, both my wife and I are incredibly happy with the car. We're looking for excuses to run errands now.

Best of luck to all in CA and the west coast. I'm a great example of a quick turnaround between VIN notification and vehicle delivery (3 days between receiving a VIN and delivery). I bet many of you will fall into that category as well.

Hey guys I got my VIN. Holy **** I really couldn't believe it. It's a 152 VIN. I called Tesla and asked why someone before me got a higher (157) VIN. He said a bunch are assigned at the same time and they are built at the same time. Someone randomly gets 152 or 154 or 157 etc. Also, mine actually hasn't completed production yet, which is normal. He should it will be completed as early as tomorrow and I'll get my build date. It only takes a few days once a VIN has been assigned to a new build. I'll keep you posted on when I get to schedule delivery. You guys will get your VINs before the week is over. I feel it!!!

So happy for you duran505. Axeman, you better be next :)

I would also need a vin for that correct?
No idea if that’s allowed, but it might date the purchase of the vehicle within what you need.

I might call the delivery team and ask them about that. I have no idea if Tesla would allow closing the financials early. I’m assuming you have financed, if it’s through Tesla I was told the actual agreement wouldn’t update until VIN assignment. In theory, you could complete the financial aspect then.

If your specific SA isn’t helpful, I might call the service location and explain what your looking to talk about. As always, it will be a crap shoot to get someone who is helpful or not.

So happy for you duran505. Axeman, you better be next :)

Hi Axeman,

I looked for you near the San Bernardino area (zip: 92346) and I saw 2 blue 7 seater MYs -- one w/ FSD and another w/o. Call your SA ASAP (or anyone who'll pick your call) to see if you can grab one of these (based on what you entered in the spreadsheet).

Update: Noticed you entered all black interior and 19" wheel. See if you want to choose these if you want it sooner. Sorry for the unsolicited advice.

1616612610561.png

Reactions: duran505 and Axeman
No idea if that’s allowed, but it might date the purchase of the vehicle within what you need.

I might call the delivery team and ask them about that. I have no idea if Tesla would allow closing the financials early. I’m assuming you have financed, if it’s through Tesla I was told the actual agreement wouldn’t update until VIN assignment. In theory, you could complete the financial aspect then.

If your specific SA isn’t helpful, I might call the service location and explain what your looking to talk about. As always, it will be a crap shoot to get someone who is helpful or not.
You are correct, just got off the call with the SC and they said what your saying. It's all about that mythical vin assignment. She did tell me they have a lot of 7 seaters coming in this week and it could be any day now. So... we'll see. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Reactions: jendegooze
Hi Axeman,

I looked for you near the San Bernardino area (zip: 92346) and I saw 2 blue 7 seater MYs -- one w/ FSD and another w/o. Call your SA ASAP (or anyone who'll pick your call) to see if you can grab one of these (based on what you entered in the spreadsheet).

Update: Noticed you entered all black interior and 19" wheel. See if you want to choose these if you want it sooner. Sorry for the unsolicited advice.

Thank you, I would do it but the people that I saw do it in this post ended up not getting the car for various reasons, 1 being Tesla said the car didn't pass inspection. Then they were put back in the waiting list. I'll stand strong and will be patient. My time in the sun will come. OUR TIME SHALL COME BROTHERS AND SISTERS! WE WILL RIDE OF INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER!

Reactions: abtheguru