Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been some images of third row. hopefully they figured it out. cannot wait...

Judging from videos of the Model 3 assembly line, I think seat placement is done completely by robot. So I wonder if the delay in the 7 seat configuration means that Tesla is planning on using one assembly line for all configurations, and reconfiguring the line in-between 5 and 7 seats.

Supposed Tesla insider on Reddit claims the 7 seat configuration was planned for launch October 2020, but may be delayed due to COVID: Model Y Third Row seating was originally planned for Oct 2020. COVID added some uncertainty to that date. : TeslaLounge
Why no providing any additional information?

I just suspect that there will be certainly a coming economic recession affecting the demand for new cars?

So keeping the production as simple a possible would certainly help the delivery management process.

I wonder in fact if the Model Y SR+, if offered, would be made available earlier than anticipated?

my March ‘19 (7 seater) reservation edit button also disappeared. I don’t know when, but I last checked a few weeks ago and it was still there.

That’s exciting, but I would need to know more about that 3rd row and sit in the car before purchasing.

Selling my Model 3 could be a real problem right now with everything going on and I wouldn’t be willing to take a big loss trading in. I got a trade in quote from Tesla and they don’t seem to value FSD at all, so I’d have to sell privately.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I was very skeptical from Sandy Monroe rear facing 3rd row seats explanation,
while various pictures of the model Y were showing forward facing 3rd row seats.

So I was searching some video showing the access and configuration for various cars with forward facing 3rd row seats.

In particular I noticed this Peugeot 5008 SUV video (See at 3:08 the fully presentation of the 2nd row, 3rd row, and boot)

Note: The Peugeot 5008 SUV length: 182" (4,640 m) and the Tesla Model Y length: 187" (4,750 m)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lobstahz