Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't doubt they will figure it out, but I am expecting it to be a completely separate model with bigger changes than just bolting in a 3rd row and calling it a day. I mean they must have figured it out to some extent since they had it in the prototype.

Have 3 kids under 6 so I'm confident it will be fine for my use regardless.. just wish details were more fluid.
Got first call last week from my local Tesla SC confirming my interest/ability to take ownership (ordered in Dec), so was nice for them to acknowledge my order...

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I sent them an email. They called me back after a few days. Basically, in order for them to apply $3000 reduction, they had to reconfigure it, which meant that I lost the $2K FSD saving since the pre-order. The net saving is $1K.

I took the chance to drop the 7-seat option. After I saw the pictures of Rear-ended Ys, I do not think it is safe to sit in the rear seats..

I sent them an email. They called me back after a few days. Basically, in order for them to apply $3000 reduction, they had to reconfigure it, which meant that I lost the $2K FSD saving since the pre-order. The net saving is $1K.

I took the chance to drop the 7-seat option. After I saw the pictures of Rear-ended Ys, I do not think it is safe to sit in the rear seats..

I was able to update my config and get price reduction, but only because I don’t have FSD

Does anyone know or can guess what would be the capacity production of the casting machine?

If the machine can product at least twice the daily production of the Model Y,
may be the Model 3 would also modified to use the one piece casting part?

But I doubt that the same part could be shared between the 3 and the Y, so the machine might have to be adjusted then?